- Do refer "target Details" page for Hard-Disk details.
- To Implement FILE SYSTEM and DISK DRIVER, the HDD needs to be partitioned in a convenient way
- As it has been explained in the previous pages, MS DOS resides on the HDD.
- If the processes, used to control the HDD's block-data accesses, are spawned, then there is high probability of MSDOS data getting corrupted, hence a demarcation line , to differentiate between the partition for MSDOS and partition for space accessible by nanOS' File System and Disk Driver, should be drawn.
- To achieve step 4, Master boot record must be modified to aid us, but at the same time the inital MSDOS boot should not be disturbed.
- Currently I am researching on how to solve and implement the above said procedure.
- Only after this initial hard disk set-up, the File System and Disk Driver can be implemented.
I would greatly appreciate any help that would keep me enhancing nanOS. All the thoughts, queries and ideas can be