- Rast, J. (2006). Environmental Justice and the New Regionalism. Journal of Planning Education and Research, 25, 249-263.
- Enderle, Emily (Ed). (2007). Diversity and the Future of the U.S. Environmental Movement. Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies.
- Otto, Betsy, McCormick, Kathleen & Leccese, Michael. (2004). Ecological Riverfront Design: Restoring Rivers, Connecting Communities. American Planning Association,Planning Advisory Serivice. Report No. 518-519
- Cohen, J. & Preuss, I. (2002). An Analysis of Social Equity Issues in the Montgomery County (MD) Transfer of Development Rights Program.
- Goode, A., Collatan, E.& Smallen, D. (1999). Brownfield Redevelopment and Transportation Policy. Northeast-Midwest Institute.
- Maryland Department of Planning. (2007). Models and Guidelines 25:Writing the Municipal Growth Element to the Comprehensive Plan
- Maryland Department of Planning. (2007). Models and Guidelines 26:The Water Resources Element: Planning for Water Supply and Wastewater and Stormwater Management
- Perlman, Dan L. & Milder, Jeffrey C. (2005). Practical Ecology for Planners, Developers and Citizens. Island Press, Washington, DC.
- Keely, Melissa. (2007). Using Individual Parcel Assessments to Improve Stormwater Management. Journal of the American Planning Association, 73(2), pp 149-160.