As of March 2014, BFP Region 1 has
nine (9) cities and one hundred sixteen (116) municipalities. All cities have
fire stations. Out of the one hundred sixteen (116) municipalities, eighty-four
(84) only have operational fire stations while forty-one (41) municipalities
have no fire stations.
As to the status of the fire
station building, fifty-three (53) are separate buildings and thirty-one (31)
are attached with other building. As to its ownership, thirty-one (31) fire
stations are owned by BFP while the other fifty-three (53) are LGU owned. There
are thirty-one (31) lands/lots owned by BFP where Fire stations are built and
other fifty-one (51) are still owned by LGUs.
BFPR1 has currently ninety-seven
(97) BFP owned serviceable firetrucks, forty-two (42) LGU owned firetrucks, two
(2) serviceable ambulance, two (2) serviceable vehicle, three (3) serviceable
rubber boat, and three (3) serviceable motorcycle.
As for the Status of Personnel
Protective Equipment (PPE), it has been a standard that 1 Uniformed personnel
should have at least 1 Set of Protective Gear consisting of fire boots (pair),
fire gloves(pair), fire trouser, fire coat, fire helmet and a breathing
apparatus. But due to budgetary constraints, out of eight hundred fifty-five
(855) uniformed personnel of this region there are only four hundred eleven
(411) serviceable fire boots, four hundred sixty-eight(468) serviceable fire
gloves, three hundred fifty-eight (358) serviceable fire trouser, four hundred
ninety-nine (499) serviceable fire coat, five hundred twenty-nine (529)
serviceable fire helmets, and twenty-three (23) serviceable breathing apparatus.
As to the
status of Fire Fighting Equipment (FFE), this region has seven hundred eighteen
(718) 1.5” diameters and three hundred seventy three (373) 2.5” diameters
serviceable fire hoses. One hundred forty-five(145) 1.5” diameter and
eighty-two (82) 2.5” diameter serviceable fire nozzle.
It has been a standard that 1 fire
truck should have 10 (1.5” diameter) and 4 (2.5” diameter) fire hoses, 2 (1.5”
diameter) and 2 (2.5” diameter) fire nozzles.
Although there were procurements made to increase the number of PPE and FFE,
there are still large number deficiencies.