Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Makes: 2 muffins
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons palm oil shortening
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a standard muffin tin with two paper liners and fill the rest of the voids with ½ inch of water (to keep the pan from burning).
- Combine all of the ingredients for the muffins in a blender or food processor and blend until the batter is completely smooth.
- Evenly divide the batter between the two paper liners- you can use an ice-cream scoop for this.
- Cook the muffins on 350 degrees for 20 minutes until slightly golden on top.
- Serve with honey butter or jam.
If you aren’t a strict paleo eater like myself, you probably won’t think the muffins taste exactly like cornbread, but they sure are yummy!