- 1 1/4 cup Organic Gemini tigernut flour
- 1 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp gelatin + 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup non-hydrogenated palm shortening
- 1 3/4 cups maple sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate (or) carob chips for AIP
- 1/2 batch of vanilla icing (optional)
- Melted chocolate or carob chips for drizzling (optional)
- Fresh strawberries for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, sift together sea salt, baking soda,tapioca starch, and tigernut flour.
- In a second bowl, beat shortening, coconut sugar ,and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing with a spatula until smooth.
- Whisk together gelatin and water to create a slurry, then add to the mixer and beat quickly to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough into a greased, 10 inch cast iron pan and place in the preheated oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool completely before decorating, cutting, and serving.
This recipe can be made using almond flour in place of the tigernut flour and butter or coconut oil in place of the shortening.