Basic Pie Dough
- 6.3 oz Otto's cassava flour
- 4.8 oz non-hydrogenated palm shortening, chilled (or) butter
- 1.2 oz water, ice cold
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- .15 oz maple sugar (1 tsp)
- .15 oz vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 1, 15 oz can of pureed orange sweet potato
- 1 cup pureed white sweet potato, baked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple sugar (optional - sprinkling on top before baking)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp gelatin (mix with water and add to food processor at the end)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut shortening into chunks and place in the fridge to chill.
- Combine cassava flour, sea salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut in the shortening by hand or with a dough cutter until pea size, then add in vanilla extract and cold water, mixing until just combined.
- Grease a 9x13" baking pan and press dough into the bottom in an even layer.
- Poke holes in the crust with a fork and pre-bake for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the filling, poke the white sweet potatoes with holes and bake in the oven until fork tender.
- Once sweet potatoes are baked, peel off the skins and measure out 1 cup.
- Place white sweet potato, pureed orange sweet potato, maple syrup, ginger, sea salt, and vanilla in a food processor, blending until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, stir together water and gelatin in a small bowl and add it to the food processor.
- Pour the filling into pre-baked crust, sprinkle with maple sugar if using, and place in the oven, allowing it to bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing and serving with coconut whipped cream.