(Yields 3 cups)
- Place coconut flakes, sea salt, and maple sugar in a bowl.
- Melt ghee, poor over the dry mixture, and lightly toss until fully coated with hands.
- Transfer coconut flakes to a parchment lined baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes check coconut flakes, and if they are not completely brown, cook for another 1-2 minutes, keeping an eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Once brown, remove from the oven and move parchment paper off the baking sheet so that the flakes cool faster and get crisp.
If you have not introduced ghee on the Autoimmune Protocol, simply substitute coconut oil.