(Makes 1 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together coconut flour, tigernut flour, shredded coconut, gelatin, sea salt, and baking soda.
- Melted the coconut oil and add to the dry mixture a long with the maple syrup, maple sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Use a spatula or fork to stir the mixture together until a wet dough has formed, then allow the dough to sit for 3-5 minutes to allow the coconut flour to soak up some of the moisture.
- Either use your hands to roll the dough int 6 like-size balls, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, and then use a fork to press them down, making criss cross marks on the top of each cookie (or) roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness and use desired cookie cutters to create shapes.
- Place the cookies in the oven and allow them to bake 13-15 minutes if criss-cross, and 10-12 minutes if using the cookie cutter method.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes before placing on a wire rack for further cooling and icing if desired.
To make coconut oil-free, substitute non-hydrogenated palm shortening or ghee in place of the coconut oil.
The shredded coconut can be replaced with Vital Protein's collagen powder (this variation makes rolling them out easier).
Otto's Cassava Flour can be used in place of the coconut flour.