- 1 cup of carrots, radish, and rutabaga - cut into 2 inch long, 1/4 inch thick pieces (3 cups total)
- 2 tbsp lard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp honey
- Fresh parsley - chopped
- Cut vegetables into uniform pieces and set aside.
- Heat lard in a large skillet over medium heat, then add in vegetables, sprinkle with sea salt, thyme, and sage, stirring around to lightly sweat, about 3-5 minutes,
- Whisk together the chicken stock, honey, and sea salt, then pour it into the large skillet, cover the skillet and bring the mixture to a strong simmer over medium-high heat.
- Cover the skillet and allow to simmer for another 3 minutes until vegetables are just soft.
- Remove the veggies from the pan and set aside, place the skillet back on the heat an reduce the stock until thickened and glaze consistency, then add the root vegetables back in, tossing around to evenly coat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.