- 1 lb firm white fish
- 1 1/2 ground plantain chips (from 2-3 cups of chips)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup minced cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- Make the sauce by whisking 1/4 cup olive oil, minced cucumber, dill, green onion, and 1/2 tsp of sea salt together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place a wire rack on the sheet.
- Grind plantain chips into a fine powder in the food processor and then transfer them to one shallow bowl with remaining 1/2 tsp sea salt, then pour the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil in a second shallow bowl.
- Cut the white fish into strips, about 1/2 inch thick and 3 inch long, then place in the first bowl, coating with oil, then transferring to the second bowl, mixing around until fully covered in plantain flour, then put on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Once all of the fish sticks are prepared, place the baking sheet in the oven and allow the sticks to cook for 20-30 minutes depending on how thick your fish is.
- Lastly, remove your fish sticks from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then serve with cucumber dill sauce.
To avoid mixing the olive oil and flour mixture, use one hand to coat the fish sticks in oil, and then your other hand to coat them in the plantain mixture.
The thinner your fish, the faster it will cook in the oven.
Keto variation: use almond flour in place of the plantain flour and use 1 egg in place of the olive oil.
Keto & AIP variation: use ground Pork Dust pork rinds in place of the plantain flour.