Call : +919212084084 For more information
2. What is dilated Eye Examination?: For certain types of examinations of your eyes, examinations are not complete unless your eyes get dilated with use of mydriatic or cycloplegic eye drops. You might experience visual discomforts following this test from few hours to few days depending on types of eye drops your eye care professionals have prescribed. Conditions where these kind of tests are performed are following:
- Glasses/spectacles are used not only to provide you better vision; but to do something more like:
- Your vision may be normal without spectacles/glasses, still you need to use prescribed glasses constantly to get relief from symptoms of headache. You might experience discomfort initially to adjust to new numbers.However, it might be temporary feature.
- To provide your eyes protection from risk of hazardous jobs/professions.
- To provide you relief from cosmetic blemish like in case of ptosis, unequal eye size, disfigured eyes etc.
- To protect you from harmful effect of unwarranted effects of sunlight.
- To add beauty to your face.
- As tools for better vision for special situations like underwater diving , night vision.
3.Statement of Need:
- Refraction of your eyes
- Detailed fundus Examinations like in case of diabetes, macular degeneration etc.
- Examinations of periphery of fundus by Indirect ophthalmoscopy, three mirrors.
- Certain types of lasers eye procedures.
- Certain types of eye surgeries like cataracts & vitreous surgery.
- As tool to treat certain eye diseases like amblyopia, uveitis etc.
The visual system comprises approximately 35 percent of the brain's
neurons and one-half (6) of the 12 cranial nerves; 85 percent of the
sensorial information received by humans is the result of visual inputs.
This massive representation of vision in the brain is manifestly linked
to and affected by the presence (or absence) of appropriate - and
cognitive performance is in substantial part linked to - organized
visual inputs. Of these realities, we now know:
Cognitive performance is a large, if not the prime, determinant of productivity in the modern world
Behavior – including learning and knowing, thinking, and consequential actions – is brain directed
The brain is more productively capacious, creative and aesthetic than the sum of its physical parts
The realization that visual phenomena such as summation and neuro-adaptation are important new frontiers for eye care
Reductionist science, literally down to individualized neuronal and atomic levels, can only take us so far
For pediatric ophthalmology, the most important developments that
will determine clinical effectiveness for the future are based within
the visual brain, and
The new frontiers of brain research are likely to benefit from:
Collaborative and integrated strategies to reveal the brain's "secrets"
Multicenter approaches to basic, applied laboratory and clinical scientific inquiry
Regional, national and international participation and collaboration
Therefore, the "silos" of science will benefit from bridges and
networks that take reductionist scientific inquiry and bring the visual
brain to life, not unlike the brain itself, to the benefit of children's
eye challenges and adult strabismus.