Two Fat Ladies' Bubble and Squeak
1 pound cold cooked potato
2 ounces meat drippings or lard (I usually use bacon grease)
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 pound Brussels sprout, cooked and chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Finely chop the potatoes and crush slightly.
2. In a frying pan, melt half the fat and lightly fry the onion.
3. Mix in the potato and sprouts and season well.
4. Add more dripping or lard.
5. Press the potato/sprout mixture into the hot fat and fry over a moderate heat until browned underneath.
6. Turn the veggie mixture over, add the last of the fat and fry until the other side is browned.