Do I love peanut butter, let me count the ways. I even make peanut butter milkshakes. This pie filling is as rich as they come, and it even has peanuts in the graham cracker crust. This is not your ordinary peanut butter pie. Give me a fork!
Peanut Butter Pie
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 3 ingredients;stir in melted butter. Firmly press crumb mixture into a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8 minutes or until browned. Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, combine 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Gradually stir inn evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten egg yolk; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
4. Cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter, morsels, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir until morsels melt. Pour filling into pre-baked pie crust. Cover and chill pie 3 hours or until firm.
5. Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy; add powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and beat until soft peaks form. Top each serving with shipped cream, and sprinkle with chopped dry-roasted peanuts.