Are you looking for something to add to your Thanksgiving bread basket? These should work just fine. These are also heavenly split and add a couple of very thin slices of country ham and serve with your favorite soup. I could eat these things ice cold!
Butter-Pecan Cornbread Muffins
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Stir together egg and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir together cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in egg mixture until combine.
2. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in pecans, and cook, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 (12-cup muffin pans in oven 3-5 minutes.
4. Stir pecans into cornmeal batter. Coat hot muffin pans with cooking spray; pour batter into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. I use a large ice cream scoop.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Get out of my way because I'm having one now before they ever reach the table.
Cook's Note: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare batter as directed, toasting pecans in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Pour batter into cast-iron skillet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Now you have a skillet of cornbread!