Bev's Cold Tomatoes
2 pounds spinach, cooked briefly, thoroughly drained and finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Drain the spinach thoroughly, then squeeze out the remaining moisture.
3. In a skillet heat one-quarter cup of the olive oil with the pine nuts and saute until lightly browned. Add the onions and garlic and cook briefly until the onions are pale golden in color. Remove from heat.
4. Add the spinach, one-quarter cup of the remaining oil, the salt, and pepper.
5. Cut the stem ends from the tomatoes, hollow them out and sprinkle the insides with salt, pepper and a little sugar and a pinch of basil. Stuff the tomatoes with the spinach mixture.
6. Arrange the tomatoes in a baking pan and pour the remaining oil over them. Bake until the tomatoes wrinkle, about 15 minutes. Chill. At serving time, bring to room temperature.