Window Drapery Rods - Cheap Window Coverings
Window Drapery Rods
- Long curtains of heavy fabric
- cloth gracefully draped and arranged in loose folds
- Drapery is a general word referring to cloths or textiles (Old French drap, from Late Latin drappus ). It may refer to cloth used for decorative purposes - such as around windows - or to the trade of retailing cloth, originally mostly for clothing, formerly conducted by drapers.
- Cloth coverings hanging in loose folds
- The artistic arrangement of clothing in sculpture or painting
- curtain: hanging cloth used as a blind (especially for a window)
- A pane of glass filling such an opening
- a transparent opening in a vehicle that allow vision out of the sides or back; usually is capable of being opened
- a transparent panel (as of an envelope) inserted in an otherwise opaque material
- An opening in the wall or roof of a building or vehicle that is fitted with glass or other transparent material in a frame to admit light or air and allow people to see out
- An opening in a wall or screen through which customers are served in a bank, ticket office, or similar building
- a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
- A thin straight bar, esp. of wood or metal
- A slender straight stick or shoot growing on or cut from a tree or bush
- (rod) a long thin implement made of metal or wood
- A wand or staff as a symbol of office, authority, or power
- any rod-shaped bacterium
- (rod) perch: a linear measure of 16.5 feet
melanie's dining room treatment
Our reinterpretation of the showcase home treatment. She loved it! We hung the swags, jabots, and middle pleated treatment separately on curtain rod finials that were adapted to accomodate the treatment. We, too, were very pleased with how they turned out!
Dining Room In Progress
Draperies using warm rich elegant fabric sewn with goblet pleats and hung on a custom iron rod. The final touch is the crown mounted over the window treatment.