Betaflash is a free application for creating quality, single-pitch, mutli-pitch and mountaineering climbing topos.
- Supports rich set of rock features, climbing icons and loading images from a variety of file formats.
- Powerful editing, multiple undo/redo.
- Supports intuitive drawing of lines and curves.
- Exports maps into popular file formats.
- Route properties store vital information about multiple routes.
- Grid feature to give sense of distances on long, multi-pitch routes. Can be turned off for single pitch and mountaineering routes.
- Runs on mutiple platforms (Windows, OS X, Linux).
- HTML manual.
Check out some output topos here, or go directly the download page. Remember that the software requires Java JRE, which can be downloaded from here.