HOW TO CONFIGURE WIRELESS ROUTER AS ACCESS POINT. WIRELESS WAN ROUTER.
How To Configure Wireless Router As Access Point
- A networking device that is a combination of an access point and a router. These devices are usually used in private homes where client PCs can be anywhere in the house (and thus use WiFi to connect), and the network is a broadband connection provided by an ISP.
- A wireless router is a device that performs the functions of a router but also includes the functions of a wireless access point. It is commonly used to allow access to the Internet or a computer network without the need for a cabled connection.
- Wireless routers are actually routers with Ethernet plus wireless access points so that they have both wired and/or wireless at the same time.
- Access Point is a rocky point immediately southeast of Biscoe Point and 2 miles (3.2 km) northwest of Cape Lancaster on the south side of Anvers Island, in the Palmer Archipelago. First charted by the French Antarctic Expedition under Charcot, 1903-05.
- (Access Points) Designated areas and passageways that allow the public to reach a trail from adjacent streets or community facilities.
- In computer networking, a wireless access point (WAP) is a device that allows wired communication devices to connect to a wireless network using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or related standards.
- (configured) organized so as to give configuration to; "a magnet is surrounded by a configured field"
- Shape or put together in a particular form or configuration
- Arrange or order (a computer system or an element of it) so as to fit it for a designated task
- set up for a particular purpose; "configure my new computer"; "configure a plane for a combat mission"
- (configuration) an arrangement of parts or elements; "the outcome depends on the configuration of influences at the time"
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- Providing detailed and practical advice
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
Check out this access point!
During NTEN's 2008 Non-profit Technology Conference a group of techies participated in several volunteer projects to bring technology to communities battered by the 2005 Katrina hurricane. My group, comprised of consultants, non-profit workers, and Cisco Systems, traveled to a community center in St. Bernard Parrish to install wireless access points. St. Bernard Parrish was the hardest hit during the flood - only 6 houses were left standing out of 25,000 when the water rose 25 feet in 23 minutes. It was an honor to be able to provide some help to this community and I'm grateful for the opportunity to talk with residents and keep the hope and momentum of positive work flowing. New Orleans, LA
Carl R. Noren Access Point
Signs depicting how far down river as well as up river to cities in miles..... New Orleans is 1197 miles downriver....
See also: xbox wireless headset batterypif 300 wireless dog fencexbox 360 wireless controller guidepcmcia wireless ethernetmicrosoft wireless mouse notebookhow to set up a wireless network printercheap wireless securityfastest wireless broadband servicelightweight wireless headphones