Sustainable Furniture Design : Baby And Kids World Furniture.
Sustainable Furniture Design
- Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
- Able to be maintained at a certain rate or level
- capable of being sustained
- (sustainability) the property of being sustainable
- (esp. of development, exploitation, or agriculture) Conserving an ecological balance by avoiding depletion of natural resources
- Able to be upheld or defended
- Sustainability is the capacity to endure. In ecology the word describes how biological systems remain diverse and productive over time. For humans it is the potential for long-term maintenance of well being, which in turn depends on the maintenance of the natural world and natural resources.
sustainable furniture design - Backyard Projects
Backyard Projects for Today's Homestead
Maximize your outdoor living spaces through creative woodworking. Today's challenging economic climate has motivated many homeowners to stay in their current homes rather than upgrade, and this has sparked a major trend in what is often called the 'don't move: improve!' movement. By putting in a small amount of money (and some time) into sprucing-up a backyard, the reader can create a veritable oasis. Not only can these projects improve quality of life, but building these fairly simple projects is also a great financial decision.
Coffer designed by Fred A Rawlence, about 1905
The Arts and Crafts ideal was to encourage both amateurs and professionals to practise craft skills. This coffer was made by J Foyle and I Young, two members of a craft guild in Wilton, near Salisbury set up by Rawlence as part of the nationwide Home Arts and Industries Association. The Association encouraged working men and women to develop traditional craft skills for both pleasure and employment. A similar piece won a gold cross at its national exhibition in 1906.
sumo cut sheets
As an exercies in sustainable design i limited the material to be used in the assembly of this coffee table to a single 1500mm’x 1500mm( 5'x5') sheet of Baltic Birch Plywood. The result is the Sumo table. Designed to ship flat and be assembled at home.
sustainable furniture design
Simple, elegant, unique 4 or 5 drawer end table or nightstand cabinets on casters, from our distinctive collection of remarkably strong, light weight, spun plant fiber furnishings. Chests of drawers, shelf units, clothes hampers, occassional tables & more, these are practical, beautiful, Japanese design furnishings, crafted from tough spun plant fiber cord, deep dyed in rich, warm, Earth tone colors. The light weight wood frames are made structurally strong & durable by the tight, cross weave design, creating inexpensive, lightweight, and attractive furniture & decor. Orders ship the next business day, professionally packed fully insured from our Massachusettes warehouse, via Fed Ex, with expedited delivery available. Browse our entire line of beautiful natural fiber Japanese design furnishings & decor - area rugs, window treatments, tatami mats, Japanese lamps, wall art, sliding doors, tansus, as well as one of the web's largest selections of room dividers, on Amazon.com