Lisbon cork floor : Speed heat underfloor heating.
Natural Cork Earth and Classics 11-5/8" Locking Engineered Floating Cork in Lisbon Matte
40P1610 Specifications: -Species: Cork. -Color: Lisbon Matte. -Construction: Engineered Floating. -Installation areas: Below, on or above grade. -Installation type: CorkLoc Floating - No glue required. -Edge profile: Square. -Edge sealant: Cork-Protect. -Finish type: Curable Oil. -Core: Moisture resistant exterior grade HDF (High Density Fiberboard). -Attached Underlayment: Cork. -Width: 11.63''. -Length: 35.63''. -Thickness: 0.47''. -Square feet per carton: 22.99 sq ft. -Weight per carton: 39 lbs. Manufacturer's Warranty: -Residential: Limited Lifetime. -Commercial: 5 Years Limited Light / Medium Wear. -Structure: Limited Lifetime. Installation Sheet Warranty Sheet Maintenance Guidelines Sheet85% (17)
Lisbon Treaty Referendum Count (2009) - The Calm Before The Storm
It was fortunate that Dublin Castle survived the devastation of the 1916 rebellion, the subsequent Civil War and transition to Irish nationhood. It wasn't destroyed, blown up or burnt down like many other colonial buildings were, nor were the trappings of colonial rule removed. It did however suffer loss of stature and significance. It was neglected and over time, fell into disrepair. The Four Courts moved into the State Apartments. The Revenue Commissioners (whose function had been carried out in the Castle since medieval times) took over the Ship Street Army Barracks and the former Ordnance Office of the Royal Engineers (currently the Chester Beatty Library). Offices of Government Departments, such as the General Post Office engineers, secretaries and savings bank, took other accommodation. A rare stately use of the Castle was the inauguration of Douglas Hyde as the first President of Ireland in St. Patrick's Hall on 25th June 1938. The Children's Court moved into the north-west corner of the Upper Yard in 1939. Their neighbours at that time included the Chief State Solicitor's Office and the Genealogical Office, which had been in the Bedford Tower since 1903. The Lower Yard housed the Civic Guards Office and Barracks (they took over from the Dublin Metropolitan Police in 1922), the Statistics, Claims and Record Office, Gas, Weights and Measures, Revenue Commissioners and offices of the Department of Industry and Commerce. Fire damaged the State Drawing and Ante Drawing Rooms in the south-east corner of the State Apartments in 1941. The adjoining cross block had been divided between offices of the Chief Secretary and the Viceroy. The Council Chamber, which was used for swearing in new Viceroys and by the Privy Council, lay between them, over the archway. It had structural weaknesses and was completely rebuilt in 1962. Works in the adjoining State Drawing Room area were completed in 1968 and the Apollo Room now contains the ornate plaster ceiling and fireplace of the demolished Georgian, Tracton House. A new modern office block was built in the Lower Yard, on the site of the former stables and occupied by the Revenue Commissioners in 1974. George's Hall was constructed in 1911, as a supper room for the last royal visit - that of King George V and Queen Mary and adjoins the western end of the State Apartments. It was adapted for use, in conjunction with St. Patrick's Hall, for Ireland's First Presidency of the European Union in 1975 - Ireland having joined three years previously. Architectural investigations had discovered that Block 8 in the north range was 'breaking its backs on the old Castle foundations'. This 18th Century building straddled both the old foundations and the moat, and uneven subsidence was cracking its spine. In 1986, the front wall was held in place and a new building erected behind it. The adjoining Block 10, an infill building of the 1830's, was taken down. Archaeological investigations revealed the Castle ditch (moat), parts of the medieval walls, the remains of the Powder Tower and Viking defence banks - with external stone facing protecting it from the Poddle. These were preserved in a chamber, known as the Undercroft beneath the basement level of the new building and can now be viewed on the guided tour of the Castle. A modern, purpose-built, International Conference Centre was constructed by the Office of Public Works, behind the facade of the north-east corner of the Upper Castle Yard for Ireland's Presidency of the European Union, 1990. The main hall partly rests on the excavated base of the Cork Tower and former Castle moat, from which thousands of artefacts were found during archaeological excavations. It had been used as a convenient dump over the centuries and houses and gardens were built on it by the 17th Century. The finds included pottery and glass, roof and floor tiles, tools and ornaments of iron and bronze, animal and human bones and weapons, which illuminate Dublin and Castle life in former times. A colourful selection is displayed in the main conference lobby. Paintings from the 'Castle Collection' and modern works of art by Irish artists are on view throughout the centre. The 'Blind' Gate of Fortitude, between the Conference Centre and the Bedford Clock Tower, was opened and a new La Touche Bridge gives further access across the new moat pool. The arcade of the former La Touche Bank, which had encroached on the Castle Ditch or Moat, now forms the walkway between the International Conference Centre and the new Castle Hall, which, in conjunction with Bedford Tower, comprises the conference dining and meeting facilities. The new facade of Castle Hall is faced with granite, with limestone bands, to distinguish them from the brick elevations of the older buildings. The top floor of Bedford Tower, which was added in the 1820's, was removed during these renovation works - so restoring the architectural symmetry of the Upper Castle Yard. A dial from the old clock fBasilica Da Estrela
The Estrela Basilica (Portuguese: Basilica da Estrela) is a basilica in Lisbon, Portugal, built by order of Queen Mary I of Portugal, as a fulfilled promise for giving birth to a son (Jose, Prince of Brazil). Construction started in 1779 and the basilica was finished in 1790, after the death of Jose caused by smallpox in 1788. The huge church has a giant dome, and is located in a hill in what was at the time the western part of Lisbon and can be viewed from far away. The style is similar to the Mafra National Palace, in late baroque and neoclassical. The front has two twin bell towers and includes statues of saints and some allegoric figures. A large quantity of grey, pink and yellow marble was used in the floor and walls, in intrincated geometric patterns, one of the most beautiful in European churches. Several paintings by Pompeo Batoni also contribute to a balanced design. The tomb of the Queen Mary I is on the right transept. A famous nativity scene made by sculptor Joaquim Machado de Castro, with more than 500 figures in cork and terra cotta is a major attraction to visitors.
DK Eyewitness Top 10: Lisbon travel guide will lead you straight to the best attractions Lisbon has to offer. Whether you're looking for the liveliest nightlife in Lisbon, wish to spend the day exploring the historical Jeronimos Monastery or Belem Tower, or view the spectacular coastline while enjoying the finest Portuguese cuisine, this pocket-sized travel guide is packed with essential information for every corner of the city, whatever your budget.See also:
There are dozens of Top 10 lists including Lisbon's Top 10 most fascinating museums, the Top 10 beaches, Lisbon's Top 10 liveliest bars and clubs, the Top 10 Portuguese dishes, and even a list of the Top 10 Things to Avoid!
Each Top 10 guide now contains a pull-out map and guide that includes fold-out maps of city metro systems, useful phone numbers, and 60 great ideas on how to spend your day.
Your guide to the Top 10 best of everything in Lisbon.
white washed oak flooring
australian timber floors
terrazzo floor cleaning
hard floor vacuum reviews
underfloor insulation nz
floor tiles melbourne
flooring white oak