Retirement village floor plans - Killing floor new weapons.
The Villages Florida Book (Volume 3)
Join thousands of current and future “Villagers” who have learned from The Villages Florida Book. If you have big dreams of one day retiring to The Villages, but you just don’t know where to start gathering the best information – you are not alone. The Villages Florida Book is designed to help you separate the fact from fiction about America’s most popular retirement community, and begin your new life in The Villages with confidence. The Villages is one of the most popular Central Florida retirement communities. Ask anyone who lives there and they’ll probably tell you there were things they wish they’d known more about before buying in The Villages. The Villages is a great place to live. But there are several important things that you need to know. The book's author, Ryan Erisman, runs the popular website TheVillagesFloridaBook.com and is the editor of The Villages Monthly, the only unbiased monthly newsletter published today about The Villages. The founder of For Boomers Media, he is also a contributing writer to several publications focused on retirement community living including 2nd Home Journal, Boomers On The Move, and others. Ryan's books have been featured in publications such as Where to Retire Magazine, Florida Home Builder, Florida Realtor Magazine, Top Retirements, and more. The Villages Florida Book was written to help people like you because there was no other complete resource on this popular retirement community. This is the most comprehensive book of its kind about The Villages available anywhere.87% (17)
Grace Episcopal Church Memorial Hall
Jamaica, Queens, New York City, New York, United States Grace Episcopal Church Memorial Hall is part of one of the most historic church complexes in New York City. Grace Episcopal Church was founded in 1702 and the present English Gothic Revival style church building, designed by Dudley Field, was built in 1861-62 and enlarged in 1901-02 by Cady, Berg & See. Surrounding the church is a graveyard in which are buried members of many families important to the history of the city, including Rufus King. (The church and graveyard were designated a New York City Landmark in 1967). Northeast of the church building, behind the graveyard, is the Memorial Hall, constructed in 1912 to meet the needs of the growing congregation for a meeting place and social center. The Memorial Hall included a gymnasium, an auditorium, meeting rooms and offices. These facilities were needed as the role of the church expanded from solely providing religious services to include educational and social services. On the 250th anniversary of the founding of the church, the Memorial Hall was being used by 21 different organizations. Designed by the prominent architectural firm of Upjohn and Conable in Tudor Gothic Revival style to complement the church building, the brick building’s symmetrical massing and flanking wings add a picturesque element to the church complex Development of Jamaica Jamaica, one of the oldest settlements within the boundaries of New York City, developed into the leading commercial and entertainment center of Queens County. The southern part of the area was inhabited by a Native American tribe called Jameco (or Jemaco) when the first Europeans arrived there in 1655. In 1656, Robert Jackson applied to Governor Stuyvesant for a patent and “purchased” ten acres of land from the native tribe and called the settlement Rusdorp. Following the transfer of power from the Dutch to the English in 1664, Rusdorp was renamed Jamaica, after the original Indian inhabitants of the region. Queens County (incorporating present-day Queens and Nassau Counties) was chartered in 1683. The English established Jamaica as the governmental center of Queens County, with a court, county clerk’s office, and parish church (Grace Episcopal Church; the present structure is a designated New York City Landmark). Outside the town center, Jamaica was largely an area of farm fields and grazing land for cattle. A 1698 Census of Queens County showed a total population of 3,355 whites and 199 blacks. Although early records indicate the existence of slaves in Jamaica, throughout its history Jamaica also had a free black population. One of its most well-known African-American residents was Wilson Rantus who was born in Jamaica in 1807. Well-educated, he started a school for black children and became involved in the effort, along with African-Americans Samuel V. Berry of Jamaica and Henry Amberman of Flushing to achieve the right to vote for African-Americans. New York State incorporated Jamaica as a village in 1814. Jamaica’s central location in Queens County and the extensive transportation network that developed in the town during the 19th century resulted in the transformation of the community into the major commercial center for Queens County and much of eastern Long Island. It was the arrival of the railroads that began this transformation. The roads and rail lines connecting Jamaica with other sections of Queens County, with Brooklyn to the west, eastern Long Island, and ferries to New York City had a tremendous impact. Jamaica’s farmland was soon being subdivided into streets and building lots, and new homes were erected. By the turn of the century, Jamaica’s importance as a commercial area became evident in the impressive buildings beginning to appear on Jamaica Avenue, most notably the Beaux-Arts style Jamaica Savings Bank, 161-02 Jamaica Avenue (Hough & Deuell, 1897-98, a designated New York City Landmark). After Jamaica was incorporated into the borough of Queens and became a part of New York City on January 1, 1898, additional transportation improvements brought increasing numbers of people. As a result, the population of Jamaica quadrupled between 1900 and 1920. Grace Episcopal Church built its Memorial Hall during this time. It was during the 1920s, when the major mass transit links were in place, and during a period when private automobile ownership was growing at an extraordinary rate, that Jamaica experienced its major expansion as a commercial and entertainment center. By 1925, Jamaica Avenue between 160th Street and 168th Street had the highest assessed valuation in Queens County. During the 1920s and early 1930s, many small-scale commercial buildings were erected in Jamaica, as well as several major office and commercial structures, including the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce Building, 89-31 161st Street (George W. Conable, 1928-29, a designated New York City Landmark); the Suffolk Title Guarantee CPublic School 31
Concourse Village, Bronx, New York City, New York, United States Public School 31, constructed 1897-99, represents an important step in the development of the Collegiate Gothic style as applied to public school architecture in New York City. Designed by C.B.J. Snyder during the early years of his lengthy term as Superintendent of School Buildings for the Board of Education of New York, P.S. 31 is one of the first New York public schools to display numerous late Gothic details, such as Tudor-arched doorways, and pointed windows topped with stone tracery. These and other elements, such as the central entrance tower and gabled bays, were further developed on Snyder's larger, borough-wide high school buildings, such as Morris and Curtis High Schools. P.S. 31 was one of a large number of school buildings constructed around this time to accommodate the huge waves of immigrants moving into the Bronx from other parts of New York, as well as from abroad. By designing so many schools in a relatively short period, Snyder had a tremendous influence on the developing New York City school building, both on its exterior appearance, as well as on its components and their arrangement. Development of the Area From 1639, when the Dutch West India Company purchased from the Mohegan Indians all the land that falls within the boundaries of the present borough, through the mid-nineteenth century, the Bronx retained its rural character.- However, as massive immigration and industrialization began to alter the character of New York to the south, it was inevitable that the northward march of urbanization would eventually engulf the Bronx as well. The earliest immigrants to come to the Bronx were the Irish who arrived after 1840 and settled primarily in Mott Haven. This area, within the section called Morrisania, was adjacent to the Harlem River, and was named for Jordan L. Mott, inventor of the coal burning stove and founder, in 1828, of the Mott Iron Works on East 134th Street. The Irish participated in the construction of the Harlem and Hudson River railroads, beginning in 1842, and the Croton Aqueduct, and they were joined after 1848 by an influx of Germans. The new railroads opened up great potential for industrial development, and during the second half of the century factories ware erected along the Harlem and East River waterfronts. The population of the Bronx rose from 28,981 in 1870, to 81,255 in 1890, and 200,507 in 1900, with even greater increases in the following years. Politically, the Bronx remained a part of Westchester County from 1683 until the area was annexed to the city of New York. This change occurred in two stages, the western section joining New York in 1874, with the rest following in 1895. In 1898 the Charter of the City of Greater New York was implemented, creating the five boroughs, including the Borough of the Bronx. Schools in Greater New York A major effect of the new charter was to create a unified educational system out of numerous independently administered school districts with a variety of curricula, grade divisions, educational policies and standards for personnel selection. This endeavor was hindered initially by a tremendous shortage, both in number and quality, of existing school buildings, created primarily by two factors: new laws making the education of children mandatory, and huge waves of immigration at the end of the nineteenth century which increased the population density of numerous areas of the city. This problem was noted even before consolidation, in 1896, in the Board of Education's Annual Report: Insufficient school accommodations have furnished cause for very general complaint on the part of the citizens of New York during the past ten years. The unprecedented growth of the city, together with unexpected movements of population, rendered it almost impossible to keep pace with the demands in given localities or to anticipate the needs of certain sections of the city that speedily outgrew the accommodations that were provided. During the past year...the question of increased and improved school accommodations was kept constantly in mind. Between 1884 and 1897, the Board of Education acquired 125 new sites in Manhattan and the Bronx, providing space for more than 132,000 new students. Yet, it was still not enough. By July 1899, schools in Manhattan and the Bronx could accommodate 232,931 students, many in half day sessions, but many more children had to be turned away for lack of space. C.B.J. Snyder and His Work The architect who planned and was responsible for the building of all the new and expanded schools was the Board of Education's Superintendent of School Buildings, C.B.J. Snyder (1860-1945).^ Snyder had been appointed to the position in 1891 when the Board oversaw only Manhattan and those parts of the Bronx which constituted nineteenth-century New York. He remained on the job until his retirement in 1923, with responsibility for buildings in all five boroug
A Year in Provence meets Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House in this lively and entertaining account of a couple's year building their dream house in Mexico.See also:
In 2004, Barry Golson wrote an award-winning article for AARP magazine about Mexican hot spots for retirees longing for a lifestyle they couldn't afford in the United States. A year later, he and his wife Thia were taking part in the growing trend of retiring abroad. They sold their Manhattan apartment, packed up their SUV, and moved to one of those idyllic hot spots, the surfing and fishing village of Sayulita on Mexico's Pacific coast.
With humor and charm, Golson details the year he and his wife spent settling into their new life and planning and building their dream home. Sayulita -- population 1,500, not including stray dogs or pelicans -- is a never-dull mixture of traditional Mexican customs and new, gringo-influenced change. Before long, the Golsons had been absorbed into the rhythms and routines of village life: they adopted a pair of iguanas named Iggy Pop and Iggy Mom, got sick and got cured by a doctor who charged them sixteen dollars a visit, made lasting friends with Mexicans and fellow expatriates, and discovered the skill and artistry of local craftsmen.
But their daily lives were mostly dedicated to the difficult yet satisfying process of building their house. It took them almost six months to begin building -- nothing is simple (or speedy) in Mexico -- and incredibly, they completed construction in another six. They engaged a Mexican architect, builder, and landscape designer who not only built their home but also changed their lives; encountered uproariously odd bureaucracy; and ultimately experienced a lifetime's worth of education about the challenges and advantages of living in Mexico.
The Golsons lived (and are still living) the dream of many -- not only of going off to a tropical paradise but also of building something beautiful, becoming a part of a new world, making lasting friends, and transforming their lives. As much about family and friendship as about house-building, Gringos in Paradise is an immensely readable and illuminating book about finding a personal paradise and making it a home.
floor jack set
woven bamboo flooring
freightliner floor mats
wood flooring thickness
access floor panels manufacturers
killing floor the movie
me you on the dance floor