FREE FLOOR PLANS FOR APARTMENTS - PLANS FOR APARTMENTS

Free Floor Plans For Apartments - How Is Bamboo Flooring Made - How To Install Laminate Flooring Video.

Free Floor Plans For Apartments


free floor plans for apartments
    floor plans
  • A scale diagram of the arrangement of rooms in one story of a building
  • (floor plan) scale drawing of a horizontal section through a building at a given level; contrasts with elevation
  • (Floor planning) Floorplanning is the act of designing of a floorplan, which is a kind of bird's-eye view of a structure.
  • In architecture and building engineering, a floor plan, or floorplan, is a diagram, usually to scale, showing the relationships between rooms, spaces and other physical features at one level of a structure.
    apartments
  • A suite of rooms forming one residence, typically in a building containing a number of these
  • A large building containing such suites; an apartment building
  • An apartment (in US English) or flat (in British English) is a self-contained housing unit (a type of residential real estate) that occupies only part of a building. Such a building may be called an apartment building or apartment house, especially if it consists of many apartments for rent.
  • A suite of rooms in a very large or grand house set aside for the private use of a monarch or noble
  • (apartment) a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
  • The Apartments was an Australian indie band that first formed in 1978 in Brisbane, broke up in 1979, and reformed several times since.
    free
  • able to act at will; not hampered; not under compulsion or restraint; "free enterprise"; "a free port"; "a free country"; "I have an hour free"; "free will"; "free of racism"; "feel free to stay as long as you wish"; "a free choice"
  • grant freedom to; free from confinement
  • With the sheets eased
  • Without cost or payment
  • loose: without restraint; "cows in India are running loose"

Free Public Bath Of The City Of New York
Free Public Bath Of The City Of New York
Midtown, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States The East 54th Street Bath, the 12th of 13 Free Public Baths of the City of New York opened in Manhattan, is culturally significant for its part in the history of the progressive reform movement in America. An 1895 state law mandated public baths in large cities. The first municipally funded bath in New York City opened in 1901 at 326 Rivington Street. The East 54th Street Bath opened for public use in 1911 with 79 showers for men and 59 for women, providing sanitary facilities for area residents, as well as a gymnasium, running track and roof playground for recreational use. The East 54th Street Bath initially served a largely poor clientele although the neighborhood had become a fashionable address by the 1920s. Most of the baths erected after 1904— including this one—incorporated gymnasiums and swimming pools to attract more patrons. The public bath movement began to wane around 1915 as more landlords included bathing facilities in buildings and apartments. This building probably ceased operation as a bath house in 1938, at which time the city completely modernized the interior for use as a public gymnasium. The building is still owned by the city and is used as a community facility. The East 54th Street Bath was designed by Werner & Windolph, who also designed the West 60th Street Bath. The firm’s bath designs were considered to be a perfect solution, from a sanitary standpoint, and received endorsements from leading experts of the day and the Board of Health. Werner & Windolph were also well known as designers of country estates and suburban cottages. This imposing Classical Revival style structure is faced with brick and stone and trimmed with Arts and Crafts style details. Its most notable features include four monumental engaged Doric columns at the entrance, which creates a strong presence at the street, and the curving rooftop structure that houses the rooftop playground. The exterior, which remains remarkably intact, creates a powerful architectural presence and is a reminder of this movement in the neighborhood. Little more than a dozen bathhouses were built in New York City, making this structure a rare example of an important aspect of the progressive reform movement. DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS East 54th Street between First and Second Avenues East 54th Street, between First and Second Avenues is bordered by Beekman Place and Sutton Place. During the post-Civil War era, the area bounded by East 53rd to the south and East 59th Street to the north, between Third Avenue and the East River was beginning to develop as tenement district, with light industry. In the late-19th century, spurred by the arrival of public transportation, the area experienced another phase of rapid development as a mixed-use area consisting of residences and tenements amid factories, which provided employment to many residents. The blocks between Second and Third Avenues were particularly undesirable because, since 1880, they had been sandwiched between two elevated railway lines. At the turnof-the-century several local breweries employed many area residents; one of the largest, Peter Doelgers Brewing Corporation located at 55th Street between First Avenue and Avenue A (York Avenue), was in operation from 1846 to 1920. The area bordered what would later become two of the most exclusive neighborhoods in New York City, Beekman Place, named for the Beekman family, and Sutton Place, named for real estate developer Effingham B. Sutton. The Public Bath Movement in 19th -Century New York With the goal of serving residents in a densely populated tenement district where bathing facilities were minimal or absent, this country’s first public bath and laundry was erected on Mott Street in 1852, by the People’s Bathing and Washing Association, a philanthropic organization incorporated in 1849 by wealthy New York merchant Robert B. Minturn specifically for that purpose. A small fee was paid by some 75,000 users a year, but revenues were insufficient to keep it in operation for more than a few years. Although its demise was later attributed to the fact that it was “too far in advance of the habits of the people whose advantage it sought,” an assumption that may or may not be justified, a heightened appreciation of its purpose emerged during the following decade. In the late 1860s the Board of Health urged New York City elected officials to assume responsibility for the establishment of public bathing facilities; enabling legislation was approved in 1868, and by 1870 the east and west shores of Manhattan each had free floating saltwater public baths. Asking, “what a melancholy contrast to such enlightened public zeal (as Rome showed by its numerous public baths) in behalf of the health of its people does New York City present?” and noting that the “city was surrounded by water which can readily be utilized, with a population half of which never bat
Eldorado Apartments
Eldorado Apartments
Central Park, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States The Eldorado, extending along the entire blockfront of Central Park West between 90th and 91st Streets, is the northernmost of the four twin-towered apartment houses that give Central Park West its distinctive skyline silhouette. The Eldorado was designed in 1929 by the architectural firm of Margon & Holder with the renowned early 20th-century New York City architect Emery Roth as consultant. These architects created one of the finest and most dramatically massed Art Deco style residential buildings in New York City. The Eldorado is one of the most distinguished buildings erected as part of the early 20th-century redevelopment of Central Park West. Central Park West, a continuation of Eighth Avenue, runs along the western edge of Central Park. Development along this prime avenue occurred very slowly, lagging substantially behind the general development of the Upper West Side. When Frederick Law Olmsted laid out Central Park he saw that the presence of the park would raise the value of land immediately adjacent to it. Olmsted expected these areas to develop as prime residential streets. Land speculation did indeed occur on Central Park West. However, the west side of the park never attracted the extremely wealthy people who could afford the inflated prices of land bordering on the park. Thus, while the side streets of the Upper West Side were built up with rows of speculative houses, Central Park West remained largely undeveloped. A survey of Central Park West published in February 1893 shows that of the three blocks between 60th and 96th Streets (the American Museum of Natural History, located between 77th and 81st Streets is counted as one block) nineteen were either totally vacant or contained old shanties and frame houses. Other blocks were partially vacant. The earliest residential improvement on Central Park West, and one of its great architectural monuments, was the Dakota, a designated New York City Landmark, at 72nd Street. Built in 1880-84, this eight-story building established Central Park West's character as a street of multiple dwellings. In 1890, by which time the Dakota had been joined by two apartment hotels, the St. Remo on 75th Street and the Beresford on 81st Street, as well as several flat houses, real estate broker F.R. Houghton noted that: Central Park West seems to have only one future— it is destined to become an avenue of grand apartment houses and hotels. Everything tends that way. It is too public a thoroughfare to become a private residential avenue. However, it wasn't until several years later that Central Park West experienced the construction boom that Houghton had predicted. The first concentrated building boom on Central Park West occurred at the turn of the century when a significant number of elegant residential and institutional buildings were erected south of 96th Street. These include some of the finest apartment houses in New York, such as the Prasada (1904) at 65th Street, the Langham (1905) at 73rd Street, the Kenilworth (1908) at 75th Street, and the St. Urban (1904) at 89th Street, as well as such institutional structures as the Ethical Culture Society School and Meeting House (1902-1909) at 63rd and 64th Streets, Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church (1903) at 65th Street, the Second Church of Christ, Scientist (1898) at 68th Street, the Congregation Shearith Israel Synagogue (1895) at 70th Street, the Universalist Church of the Divine Paternity (1898) at 76th Street, and the Progress Club (now the Walden School, 1902) at 88th Street. The presence of these fine apartment buildings and institutions on Central Park West reflects the coming of age of the Upper West Side. The Upper West Side had developed in the final decades of the 19th century as an enclave of upper middle-class life. Affluent middle-class families were attracted to the area by the quality of its housing, the presence of Riverside Park and Central Park, and by the accessibility of the neighborhood. As the Upper West Side became more and more desirable, developers began to build on the more expensive sites bordering the parks, and Central Park West began to be transformed into an elegant avenue of tall buildings that contrasted dramatically in scale to low rise residential Fifth Avenue. During World War I construction on Central Park West slowed, but between 1920 and 1931 the area was transformed as the vacant sites were filled and many of the early apartment hotels and flats were replaced by new apartment houses. This final phase of Central Park West's development culminated in 1929-31 with the construction of the four twin-towered buildings that give Central Park West its characteristic skyline. The distinctive form of the Century (1930-31) at 62nd-63rd Streets, the Majestic (1930) at 71st-72nd Streets, the San Remo (1929) at 74th-75th Streets and the Eldorado (1929) at 90th-91st Streets has come to symbolize the

free floor plans for apartments
See also:
mannington floor
sand a floor
conductive flooring
anti slip flooring products
laminate floor wood
scratched wood floor
discount bathroom flooring
linoleum bathroom floor
Comments