- we would be home by 4 or 5
- Michelle will follow up with Animal Place.
4. Animal Litigation Research!
- we are in the process of setting up a pro bono student project to do research supporting animal protection litigation
- current tasks: building relationships with animal law organizations that might want some research help
- we would also want to include in this program opportunities to attend hearings, depositions, arguments that our attorney supervisors are working on
- we would pair 1Ls with 2Ls and 3Ls so that we could be research buddies
- great opportunity to get real legal research experience, learn from other students, participate in some animal protection work, meet some animal lawyers!
If you are interested in joining the committee to get this up and running, email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Food, Inc. Screening
- hoping to screen this movie in early November
- more news to come.
- hoping to get a speaker to talk about the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act, e.g. lawyer from Center for Constitutional Rights
- more news to come
Michelle to contact National Lawyers' Guild and see if they would like to co-sponsor.
7. Animal Law Conference, Portland, October 16-18
It will be great!
We are applying for a travel grant. If you want to come, some of your expenses could be subsidized. I'm going! Tell me if you want to go too! email@example.com
8. Animal Law moot court
There's a competition every February at Harvard. Last year Gina and Charlie won best brief. If you want to go, we might be able to support a team.