Here are some notes, for anybody who wanted to know what happened at our meeting last Thursday.
1. Earth Day!
- we will be celebrating Earth Day as always. Thursday April 22.
- Kelly and David are on this.
2. A speaker
- everyone enjoyed Joyce's talk and we hope to bring someone else in
- perhaps to talk about careers in animal law?
- Michelle will contact Bruce Wagman to see if he can come
3. Movie screening
- maybe we will screen The Cove (about dolphin and whale slaughter in a cove in Japan)
- tentative date: March 31, 5:00 pm
- Charlie is on this.
4. Field trip!
- sometime in February
- Matt is looking into group outing to Berkeley Animal Shelter.
- vigorous debate over what animals we would like on the t-shirt. many animals or few animals? bunnies or Aston? should we be make a point of including non-charismatic animals like manatees?
- David is working on t-shirt design
- favored slogan: "We're the only lawyers on earth whose clients are all innocent." (ALDF)
6. A card was signed for Joyce, thanking her for the talk.
7. Animal Law Research Project
- we will aim for week of March 15 to put on a research training for 1Ls (well really the library people will put it on)
- Michelle and John are on this
Congratulations to next year's board:
3L presidents: David & Matt
2L president: Kelly
Treasurer: Allison was nominated and approved in absentia (we hope she accepts)
Animal Law Research Project Coordinator: John
Vegan Legal Tastiness: Kelly