FLEET LISTS TWO: NORDHORDLAND

 

1855: H. Bredal & J. Brunchorst (Bergen)

 

N1

 

Bjørgvin (1839 to unkown date).

 

See SF1.

 

 

1864 to 1870: P. Jebsen (Ytre Arna)

 

N2

 

Arne (1864 to 1870)

 

Built as Edjern by Lindholmen M/V of Göteborg for unknown Swedish client, delivered in 1863.

 

41 gross tonnes, registered length 65.0 feet, beam 12.8 feet, depth 7.0 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 10 nom. HP, 7 knots.

 

Sold in 1864 to the Jebsen brothers of Ytre Arna, renamed Arne.

 

Sold in 1870 to Det Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab.

 

Sold in 1874 to Stenkjær Møllebrug, of Steinkjer in Trondheimsfjorden. Resold in 1875 to another local company in the same district, and in 1877 to I. H. Henriksen of Tromsø, who chartered her to Troms Amts Dampskibsselskab.

 

Disappeared from the Norwegian shipping register circa 1904, fate not known.

 

 

1864 to 1870: P. Jebsen (Ytre Arna)

 

N3

 

Nathalia (1869 to unknown date)

 

Career and vital statistics not known.

 

 

1870 to 1887: Det Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (Bergen)

 

N4

 

Arne (1870 to 1874)

 

See N2.

 

 

1870 to 1887: Det Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (Bergen)

 

N5

 

Voss (1870 to 1889)

 

Built by Bergens M/V, delivered in 1870.

 

64 gross tonnes, registered length 85.8 feet, beam 14.8 feet.

 

Sold in 1889 to N. J. Michelsen et al. of Bergen, and the same year to J. Rieber of Bergen.

 

Sold in 1890 to Radøens Dampskibsselskab, Bergen.

 

Sold in 1892 to J. Rieber of Bergen, renamed Fortunatus, sold in 1898 to Nils Persson of Helsingborg, Sweden, and subsequently to Dampskibs-A/S Transport of Furuland i Fauske, Norway. Sold in 1923 to Rederi-A/B Åse of Marstrand, renamed Åse. Sold in 1927 to Partrederi Edvard H. Edman, of Göteborg.

 

Broken up in 1927.

 

 

1870 to 1887: Det Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (Bergen)

 

N6

 

Arne (1877 to 1887)

 

Built by Bergens M/V, delivered in 1877.

 

69 gross tonnes, registered length 88.6 feet, beam 14.9 feet.

 

Sold in 1887 to Ole Bulls Dampskibsselskab.

 

Taken over in 1891 by Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab.

Sold in 1913 to Einar Hausvik & Co. of Bergen, fate unknown.

 

 

1870 to 1887: Det Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (Bergen)

 

N7

 

Evanger (1877 to 1879)

 

See BL16

 

 

1878 to 1879: Dampskibet Lindaas Interessentselskab (Bergen)

 

N8

 

Lindaas (1878 to 1879)

 

See MHS5.

 

 

1879 to 1884: Det Ytre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab

 

N9

 

Lindaas (1879 to 1885)

 

See MHS5.

 

 

1879 to 1884: Det Ytre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab

 

N10

 

Helene (1879 to unknown date)

 

Built by Akers M/V of Oslo, for H. Bløm jr. of Kragerø, delivered in 1867.

 

72 gross tonnes, registered length 99.3 feet, beam 13.8 feet, depth 7.7 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 26 nom. HP, 8 knots.

 

Used on a service linking Tvedestrand with Oslo.

 

Sold in April 1873 to Dampbaadelaget of Bergen, and in December 1879 to Ytre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab.

 

In 1888 chartered to Hevne Dampskibsselskab for local services in Trondheimsfjorden.

 

In 1904 her engine was removed, and she subsequently disappeared from the Norwegian shipping register.

 

 

1879 to 1884: Det Ytre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab

 

N11

 

Fridtjof (1879 to 1889)

 

See MHS99.

 

Note: Ytre Nordhordlandske went into liquidation in 1884, but its ships were subsequently chartered out, rather than sold immediately.

 

 

1880 to 1951: Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab

 

N12

 

Nordhordland (1880 to 1908)

 

Built as Aalesund by Trondhjems M/V for Det Nye Søndmør-Romsdalske Dampskibsselskab of Ålesund, delivered in 1874.

 

55 gross tonnes, registered length 89.0 feet, beam 15.9 feet, depth 7.3 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 20 nom. HP.

 

Subsequently rebuilt, 86 gross tonnes.

 

Sold in May 1880 by Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab, renamed Nordhordland in 1884.

 

Sold in 1908 to P. Andreassen, of Svolvær, rebuilt as a fishing vessel. Sold in 1917 to Snurpenotkompaniet Silden, Svolvær. Sold in 1920 to A/S Timmervik of Stokmarknes. Taken over by Vesteraalens Privatbank, Stokmarknes, in the late 1920s.

 

Broken up in 1928.

 

 

1880 to 1951: Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab

 

N13

 

Horden (1885 to 1938)

 

Built by Martens, Olsen & Co. of Laksevåg, delivered on 10 November 1885.

 

47 gross tonnes, registered length 65.9 feet, beam 14.1 feet, depth 7.5 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 15 nom. HP, 8.5 knots.

 

Rebuilt and lengthened in 1893, 69 gross tonnes, registered length 80.0 feet.

 

Broken up in 1938.

 

 

1880 to 1951: Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab

 

N14

 

Rolf (1895 to 1921)

 

See BL32.

 

 

1880 to 1951: Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab

 

N15

 

Masfjord (1907 to 1944)

 

Built by Kristiansands M/V, Kristiansand, delivered in January 1907.

 

156 gross tonnes, registered length 107.0 feet, beam 20.1 feet. Triple expansion engine, 44 nom. HP.

 

Stranded and sank while crossing Solesjøen in 1918; seven drowned. Subsequently raised, refitted.

 

Rebuilt and lengthened at Bergens M/V in 1924, 193 gross tonnes, registered length 121.0 feet.

 

Stranded and sank near Masfjordnes on 3 February 1944; 11 drowned.

 

 

1880 to 1951: Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab

 

N16

 

Lindaas (1909 to 1951)

 

Built by Kristiansands M/V, delivered in June 1909.

 

139 gross tonnes, registered length 98.0 feet, beam 18.8 feet, depth 9.2 feet. Triple expansion engine, 40 nom. HP.

 

On 15 March 1918 she salvaged the cargo ship San Remo, of 3,500 deadweight tonnes, which was out of control on Feiefjorden in a severe gale.

 

In autumn 1939 requisitioned by the Royal Norwegian Navy for guardship duties off Lerøy. In May 1940 requisitioned by German forces, also for guardship duties. Returned to Lindaas-Masfjorden in spring 1945.

 

Modernised and rebuilt in the mid-1940s, 155 gross tonnes.

 

Taken over on 1 March 1951 by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag.

 

Sold in 1960 to Olav Fonnes of Matrevik and rebuilt as a coaster, with a diesel engine, renamed Gerlaug. Sold in 1968 to Alfred Raknes of Aukra, renamed Nibeta. Sold in 1973 to Olav Kallekleiv of Fotlandsvåg, and in 1975 to Jenning Gustavsen of Ålesund.

 

 

1880 to 1951: Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab

 

N17

 

Austrheim (1913 to 1951)

 

Built by Mjellem & Karlsen, Bergen, delivered in July 1913.

 

131 gross tonnes, registered length 100.8 feet, beam 19.0 feet, depth 9.5 feet. Triple expansion engine, 40 nom. HP.

 

Taken over on 1 March 1951 by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag.

 

Sold in January 1952 to Edvard & Hans Paulsen of Kopervik, rebuilt as coaster with diesel engine.

 

On 30 April 1957 she suffered an engine failure on Skudefjorden while en route from Karmøy to Oslo, and was driven ashore. Total loss.

 

 

1880 to 1951: Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab

 

N18

 

Lygra (1935 to 1951)

 

See MHS98.

 

 

1880 to 1951: Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab

 

N19

 

Masfjord (1946 to 1951)

 

Built as Stubbenkammer by Stettinger Oderwerke of Stettin (Szczecin) for Sassnitzer Dampschiffahrts, of Sassnitz, delivered in May 1925.

 

172 gross tonnes, registered length 103.0 feet, beam 21.8 feet, depth 9.5 feet. Triple expansion engine, 334 IHP, 11.5 knots.

 

Sold in December 1930 to Asker, Røken & Hurum Dampskibsselskab, for local services on Oslofjorden. Renamed Sætre.

 

Requisitioned in September 1939 by Royal Norwegian Navy, used as guardship. Requisitioned at Tønsberg by German forces on 13 April 1940, used as troopship in northern Norway. Returned to owners in run-down condition in 1945.

 

Sold in December 1945 to Lindaas-Masfjorden, rebuilt to 233 gross tonnes, renamed Masfjord.

 

Taken over on 1 March 1951 by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag.

 

Sold in 1953 to Johan Ness of Smørsund, Haugesund, rebuilt as cargo motorship, with passenger accommodation, renamed Aalfjord. Operated mainly on Trondheimsfjorden.

 

Sold in 1968 to Erling Solheim of Haukøy, Tysfjorden. Sold in 1974 to Styrk Fjørtoft of Førde in Hordaland. Sold in 1975 to Roald Bilkø of Levanger, renamed Bilkøgutt. Sold in 1976 to P/R H. Sørensen of Harstad. Sold in 1979 to P/R Mathiassens M/V, Harstad.

 

Note:

 

As Sætre, she was the only local steamer in Norway to have possessed two funnels. The after one was a dummy, housing a water tank.

 

 

1880 to 1951: Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab

 

N20

 

Matredal (1946 to 1951)

 

See N68.

 

 

1880 to 1891: Osterøens Dampskibsselskab

 

N21

 

Osterø (1880 to 1891)

 

Built by Bergens M/V, delivered in 1880.

 

59 gross tonnes, registered length 74.8 feet, beam 14.9 feet, depth 8.6 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 18 nom. HP.

 

Taken over by Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab on 29 May 1891.

 

Sold in 1917 to Aron Jensen of Bareksten, near Florø, rebuilt as steam trawler. Sold in 1918 to S. M. Hjelde, of Trondheim, renamed Thor Magnus.

 

On 7 October 1932, while en route from Kristiansund to Trondheim, stranded at Uthaug in Ørlandet, total loss.

 

 

1883 to 1891: Ole Bulls Dampskibsselskab

 

N22

 

Ole Bull (1883 to 1891)

 

Built by Eriksbergs M/V of Göteborg, delivered in 1883.

 

72 gross tonnes, registered length 80.1 feet, beam 15.4 feet, depth 6.9 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 25 nom. HP.

 

Taken over by Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab on 29 May 1891.

 

Modernised and lengthened in the 1890s, 94 gross tonnes, registered length 96.2 feet.

 

Sold in 1919 to J. & B. Romsø of Jøsenfjord, Stavanger. Sold in 1924 to A/S Jøsenfjord, of Stavanger, renamed Ombofjord.

 

Diesel engine installed in 1938, and rebuilt, with a new diesel engine, in 1944, 143 gross tonnes.

 

Stranded and sank near Ombo in 1951. Raised, purchased by Kopervik shipyard with a view to rebuilding as a cargo vessel, but instead sold in 1953 to Brødrene Anda of Stavanger for breaking up.

 

 

1883 to 1891: Ole Bulls Dampskibsselskab

 

N23

 

Arne (1887 to 1891)

 

See N6.

 

 

1890 to 1892: Radøens Dampskibsselskab

 

N24

 

Voss (1890 to 1892)

 

See N5.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N25

 

Osterø (1891 to 1917)

 

See N21

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N26

 

Ole Bull (1891 to 1919)

 

See N22.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N27

 

Arne (1891 to 1913)

 

See N22.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N28

 

Johan Jebsen (1894 to 1951)

 

Built by Anderson, Laverick & Co. of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, delivered in June 1894.

 

185 gross tonnes, registered length 110.5 feet, beam 20.3 feet, depth 11.8 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 32 nom. HP, 10 knots.

 

Damaged by fire on 24 November 1914 while en route in ice from Stamneshella to Eidslandet, sold by auction on 4 January 1915 to insurance company, which repaired her and resold her to Indre Nordhordlandske on 5 July 1915.

 

Major refit, involving a large amount of replating of hull, in 1935.

 

Sold in October 1951 to Arnold Myrdal and Per Sanne of Sandnes, rebuilt as coaster, with diesel engine, renamed Utstein. Sold in 1962 to Mikkal Misje et al. of Misje, Bergen, renamed Mestein.

 

On 22 November 1962, while en route from Glomfjord to Sandnes with a cargo of manure, she stranded on Hestskjær, south of Kristiansund, and sank.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N29

 

Oster (1908 to 1964)

 

Built by Kristiansands M/V, delivered in November 1908.

 

167 gross tonnes, registered length 106.1 feet, beam 21.7 feet, depth 9.7 feet. Triple expansion engine, 54 nom. HP, 10 knots.

 

Rebuilt and lengthened in 1915, 191 gross tonnes, registered length 118.6 feet.

 

Requisitioned in September 1939 by Royal Norwegian Navy for guardship duties. On 6 May 1940 her Norwegian crew abandoned her at Tellevåg, and she was requisitioned by the German forces, not being returned to her owners until spring 1945.

 

Rebuilt and modernised in mid-1940s.

 

By the winter of 1963/4 Oster was Norway’s last coal-fired local steamer. She was the subject of a preservation attempt, but the asking price of 50,000 kroner was too great.

 

Sold in 1964 to Brødrene Berge of Ølensvåg, rebuilt as coaster with diesel engine, renamed Vaka. Sold in 1974 to Oddmund Tjoflot of Vikebygd. Sold in 1980 to P/R Kristoffersen & Gundersen, of Flekkerøy.

 

Subsequently acquired by preservation group and restored to 1920s condition, renamed Oster. Based at Bergen, offering frequent local cruises during the summer.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N30

 

Haus (1914 to 1960)

 

Built by Mjellem & Karlsen, delivered in November 1914.

 

135 gross tonnes, registered length 101.1 feet, beam 19.1 feet, depth 9.4 feet. Triple expansion engine.

 

Requisitioned by Royal Norwegian Navy in 1939, for guardship duties. Seized by German forces on 20 May 1940 at Dimmelsvik in Hardanger, but subsequently returned to her owners.

 

Rebuilt and modernised in 1949.

 

Sold in January 1960 to Lars & Petter Berge of Ølensvåg, rebuilt as coaster with diesel engine, renamed Hausen. Sold in 1962 to F. S. Torkildsen of Mosterhamn, renamed Listein. Sold in 1971 to Håkon Søreide of Rutledal.

 

Sold in 1984 to Orion Film of Oslo, renamed Sandy Hook and used during the making of the film Orions Belte, being blown up at Longyearbyen, Svalbard, on 7 September 1984.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N31

 

Hamre (1924 to 1927)

 

See N56.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N32

 

Hamre (1927 to 1949)

 

Built as Tinfos by Kristiansands M/V for Tinfos Papirfabrik of Skien, delivered in 1910.

 

188 gross tonnes, registered length 101.0 feet, beam 19.1 feet, depth 13.4 feet. Triple expansion engine.

 

Sold in 1916 to Stig Bjørn of Kristiansand. Sold in 1917 to Sundalens Dampskibs-A/S of Sunndalsøra. Sold in 1923 to A/S Bundefjord-Helvik of Oslo, and taken over by Bundefjord Dampskibsselskab, Oslo, in 1925.

 

Sold in 1927 to Indre Nordhordlandske, renamed Hamre.

 

Sold in December 1949 to Einar Cook, of Bergen, converted to barge. Sold in 1950 to Nils J. Blaalid of Måløy, rebuilt as coaster with diesel engine, renamed Blaaøy. Sold in 1965 to Arvid Raanes of Å in Åfjorden, and renamed Mira in 1971. Sold in 1973 to Nils Fjeldvær of Tondheim.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N33

 

Hosanger I (1939 to 1973)

 

Built by Glommens M/V of Fredrikstad, delivered in June 1939.

 

229 gross tonnes, registered length 128.4 feet, beam 21.9 feet, depth 6.8 feet. Deutz diesel, 500 BHP.

 

New Deutz diesel of 560 BHP installed in 1956.

 

Sold in 1973 to Einar Cook, of Bergen. Sold in 1973 to Scandia Bibel Misjons Center of Brummundal, and converted into floating hostel for homeless people, moored on south side of Vågen in Bergen.

 

Sold in 1976 to A. Birger Grieg of Hop, Askøy, and the same year to Brødrene Sørensen of Stathelle.

 

Condemned in 1980, removed from the Norwegian shipping register.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N34

 

Bruvik (1949 to 1974)

 

Built by Glommens M/V, Fredrikstad, delivered in July 1949.

 

307 gross tonnes, overall length 140.1 feet, beam 24.3 feet, depth 8.7 feet. Atlas diesel, 700 BHP.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag on 1 January 1974.

 

Sold in 1979 to Numeksen Pikapalvelu, of Nurmes in Finland. Sold in 1983 to Hotelli Joensuun Karelia, of Joensuu, Finland.

 

Subsequently returned to Bergen, restored to original condition, and operates summer excursions from the city.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N35

 

Haus (1970 to 1974)

 

Built as Hausferja I by Haugesund M/V for J. Ådland P/R, of Haus, delivered in May 1955.

 

119 gross tonnes, overall length 82.0 feet, beam 24.9 feet, depth 8.5 feet. 140 BHP diesel.

 

Acquired by Indre Nordhordlandske on 1 January 1970, renamed Haus.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974, renamed Modalen.

 

Sold in 1979 to Flekkerøyferga of Kristiansand.

 

 

1891 to 1974: Indre Nordhordlandske Dampskibsselskab (from 1923 Indre Nordhordlandske Dampbåtlag)

 

N36

 

Oster (1971 to 1974)

 

Built by Vaagland Båtbyggeri of Vågland, delivered in December 1971.

 

317 gross tonnes, overall length 121.1 feet, beam 30.9 feet, depth 9.6 feet. Normo diesel, 840 BHP.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

 

1891 to 1895: Seimstrandens Dampskibsselskab

 

N37

 

Seimstrand (1891 to 1895)

 

Built by Laxevaags Maskin- og Jernskibsbyggeri, delivered on 7 August 1891.

 

49 gross tonnes, registered length 78.0 feet, beam 14.1 feet, depth 7.8 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 11 nom. HP, 8 knots.

 

Taken over on 17 May 1895 by Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab,.

 

Sold in 1913 to B. G. Ekeland & J. Totland, of Bergen, renamed Rundemanden, and used on local services between Bergen and Ytre Midthordland.

 

Sold in 1917 to J. Totland of Seim and rebuilt as a steam trawler. Sold in 1924 to Eggert Jonsson of Hafnarfjordr, Iceland. Sold in 1927 to Kveldulfur Ltd. of Reykjavik. Sold in 1929 to Arni Bödvarsson of Vestmannæyjar. Sold in 1931 to S. Samuelsson of Isafjordr.

 

Ultimate fate unknown.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N38

 

Seimstrand (1895 to 1913)

 

See N37.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N39

 

Manger (1895 to 1910)

 

Built by Laxevaags Maskin- og Jernskibsbyggeri, delivered in 1895.

 

76 gross tonnes, overall length 85.8 feet, beam 16.0 feet, depth 9.6 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine.

 

On 27 August 1910 collided with Fylkesbaatane’s Sogn off Helleneset in Byfjorden, and sank. Total loss.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N40

 

Alværsund (1900 to 1918)

 

See BL93.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N41

 

Herløfjord (1907 to 1950)

 

Built by Mjellem & Karlsen of Bergen, delivered in June 1907.

 

97 gross tonnes, registered length 92.4 feet, beam 17.0 feet, depth 9.0 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 28 nom. HP.

 

Sold in 1950 to Knut Næss od Tønsberg, rebuilt as coaster with diesel engine, renamed Vestfold I. Sold in 1954 to E. Andreassen of Karmøy, renamed Leid. Sold in 1955 to Erling Baltzersen of Asker, Oslo.

 

Broken up in 1965.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N42

 

Manger (1911 to 1951)

 

Built by Mjellem & Karlsen of Bergen, delivered in July 1911.

 

117 gross tonnes, registered length 100.9 feet, beam 18.9 feet, depth 9.7 feet. Triple expansion engine, 40 nom. HP, 10 knots.

 

Rebuilt and lengthened in 1923, 152 gross tonnes, registered length 113.0 feet.

 

In autumn 1939 requisitioned by Royal Norwegian Navy for guardship duties, based at Klokkarvik. Captured and requisitioned by German forces at Hjellestad on 6 June 1940, renamed Murmel. Returned to owners in spring 1954.

 

Rebuilt and modernised in 1945, 184 gross tonnes.

 

Taken over on 1 March 1951 by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag.

 

Sold in 1965 to Georg Matre of Ølensvåg, rebuilt as coaster with diesel engine, renamed Sandbas. Sold in 1967 to Nils Fjeldvær of Trondheim, renamed Joge.

 

On 16 February 1971 heeled over and sank in Porsangerfjorden, Finnmark.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N43

 

Seimstrand (1913 to 1951)

 

Built by Mjellem & Karlsen, Bergen, delivered in April 1913.

 

119 gross tonnes. Registered length 100.9 feet, beam 19.0 feet, depth 9.6 feet. Triple expansion engine, 40 nom. HP.

 

Substantially rebuilt in 1947, fitted with a Crossley diesel, 480 BHP.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag on 1 March 1951.

 

Sold in 1973 to Ferry Lines of Kingstown, St. Vincent, and used on local inter-island services in the West Indies.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N44

 

Alversund (1926 to 1951)

 

Built by Mjellem & Karlsen of Bergen, delivered in August 1926.

 

178 gross tonnes, registered length 117.1 feet, beam 20.2 feet, depth 10.5 feet. Triple expansion engine, 53 nom. HP.

 

Requisitioned by Royal Norwegian Navy in autumn 1939, based at Klokkarvik as guardship. Scuttled by own crew on 25 April 1940 in Valvatnevågen, to avoid capture, Raised by Gunvald Ottesen of Sagvåg, who repaired and refitted her at his own shipyard. Subsequently requisitioned by the German occupying forces, and renamed Biene II. Returned to company in spring 1945.

 

Rebuilt and modernised in 1946, 223 gross tonnes.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag on 1 March 1951.

 

Sold in 1966 to Ivar Matre of Åsane, Bergen, rebuilt as coaster with diesel engine, renamed Alverstraumen. Damaged by fire in 1973, sold to Bertin Solsvik of Solsvik, repaired and renamed Kiloran.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N45

 

Radøy (1930 to 1940)

 

Built as Henrik Ibsen by Akers M/V, Oslo, for Skien-Telemarkens Dampskibs-A/S, of Skien, delivered in July 1909.

 

179 gross tonnes, overall length 102.0 feet, beam 18.5 feet, depth 13.6 feet. Triple expansion engine, 438 IHP.

 

Sold in 1918 to Hortens Motorfart of Horten, renamed Horten. Sold in 1921 to Visingsø Ångbats, Visingsø, Sweden, renamed Visingborg. Sold in 1928 to A/S Alpha of Moss, renamed Beta 2.

 

Sold in 1930 to Alversund & Manger Dampbaatlag, renamed Radøy.

 

Requisitioned by German forces in 1940 for use as troopship on coastal routes.

 

Sunk on 4 October 1944 during Allied bombing raid on Laksevåg, remains scrapped in 1945.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N46

 

Varden (1934 to 1949)

 

Built as Ostkusten by Eriksbergs M/V of Göteborg for Ångfartygs A/B Ostkusten of Västervik, Sweden, delivered in 1898.

 

283 gross tonnes, registered length 118.6 feet, beam 22.1 feet, depth 8.7 feet.

 

Used on service between Stockholm and Västervik.

 

Sold in 1980 to Sandefjord & Tjømø Dampskibsselskab, renamed Varden. Sold in 1916 to D/S A/S Skien, of Skien.

 

Sold in 1934 to Alversund & Manger Dampskibsselskab.

 

Sold for breaking up in 1949.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N47

 

Holsenøy (1941 to 1949)

 

See N57.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N48

 

Frekhaug (1941 to 1942)

 

See N56.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N49

 

Fjordbussen (1947 to 1951)

 

See N69.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N50

 

Fjordbussto (1947 to 1951)

 

See N70.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N51

 

Hordabø (1947 to 1951)

 

See N71.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N52

 

Melanddrott (1948 to 1951)

 

See N72.

 

 

1895 to 1951: Alværsund & Mangers Dampskibsselskab (from 1927, Alvesund & Manger Dampbaatlag)

 

N53

 

Sæbø (1949 to 1951)

 

See N73.

 

 

1901 to 1907: Sør- og Osterfjordens Dampskibsselskab

 

N54

 

Valestrand (1901 to 1907)

 

See BL52.

 

 

1907 to 1911: Dampskibssselskab Urban

 

N55

 

Valestrand (1907 to 1911)

 

See BL52.

 

 

1927 to 1943: Alversund og Meland Eimbåtlag

 

N56

 

Frekhaug (1927 to 1947)

 

Built as Faro by Kristiansands M/V for A/S Fram (Gustav Pedersen) of Farsund.

 

65 gross tonnes, registered length 67.6 feet, beam 14.5 feet.

 

Sold in 1917 to Knarrevik Transportselskap of Knarrevik, Bergen, and chartered frequently to D/S Topdal. Owners went bankrupt in 1921.

 

Sold in 1924 to Indre Nordhordlandske, renamed Hamre, renamed Faro II in 1926.

 

Sold in 1927 to Alversund og Meland Eimbåtlag, renamed Frekhaug.

 

Taken over on 1 February 1943 by Alversund & Manger Dampbaadlag.

 

Sold in 1943 to Per Andersen of Kløfta, and laid up in Store Lungegaardsvann, Bergen.

 

Sold in 1947 to Einar Cook, Bergen, for breaking up.

 

 

1927 to 1943: Alversund og Meland Eimbåtlag

 

N57

 

Holsenøy (1928 to 1943)

 

Built as Bastø by Akers M/V, Oslo, for Moss-Horten Dampskibsselskab of Moss, delivered in 1885.

 

92 gross tonnes, registered length 80.6 feet, beam 17.1 feet, depth 7.7 feet. Two-cylinder compound engine, 25 nom. HP, 10 knots.

 

Rebuilt and lengthened in 1901, 114 gross tonnes, registered length 95.4 feet.

 

Sold in 1920 to A/S Alpha of Moss, rebuilt, 127 gross tonnes.

 

Sold in September 1928 to Alversund og Meland Eimbåtlag, renamed Holsenøy.

 

Taken over on 1 February 1943 by Alversund & Manger Dampbaadlag.

 

Sold in 1949 for breaking up.

 

 

1927 to 1943: Alversund og Meland Eimbåtlag

 

N58

 

Meland (1939 to 1941)

 

See SF10.

 

 

1936 to 1971: Ferjetrafikk (Brødrene Wilhelmsen)

 

N59

 

Kvikk IV (1936 to 1945)

 

A motor launch owned by Svein Wilhelmsen, capable of carrying three or four cars.

 

 

1936 to 1971: Ferjetrafikk (Brødrene Wilhelmsen)

 

N60

 

Ruby (1936 to 1939)

 

A motor launch owned by Torkjel Dingen of Bergen, capable of carrying a few cars.

 

 

1936 to 1971: Ferjetrafikk (Brødrene Wilhelmsen)

 

N61

 

Torefjell (1939 to 1967)

 

Built by Edvard Løvfalds Båtbyggeri, of Lofallstrand, delivered in May 1939.

 

80 gross tonnes, other vital statistics not known.

 

Requisitioned in autumn 1939 by the Royal Norwegian Navy to lay mines along Sognefjorden. Seized by the Germans in April 1940 and taken to northern Norway. Rediscovered at Harstad on 17 May 1945.

 

Sold on 1 January 1967 to Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag.

 

Sold in 1973 to Ole K. Kristoffersens P/R of Flekkerøy, Kristiansand. Taken over by Flekkerøyferga in 1975, then sold in 1981 to Sørlandske Skjell Mergel of Grimstad. Superstructure subsequently removed.

 

 

1936 to 1971: Ferjetrafikk (Brødrene Wilhelmsen)

 

N62

 

Bjørn West (1949 to 1971)

 

Built as Tyr by Carl Johansværns Værft (the main shipyard of the Norwegian Royal Navy) in Horten, delivered in 1887 as a second class gunboat.

 

294 displacement tonnes, two two-cylinder compound engines, 10 knots.

 

Crew: 43 men. Armament, one 260 mm cannon forward, three smaller cannon on bridge and afterdeck. Two torpedo tubes in bows, both situated below the waterline.

 

Rebuilt as a minelayer in 1913.

 

Spent inter-war years laid up.

 

On 9 April 1940 she was busy minelaying in Lerøyosen, south of Bergen. Her work resulted in the sinking of five German ships during the invasion. On 20 April 1940 she was seized by the Germans off Uskedalen, following a struggle in which six of her crew were taken prisoner.

 

Sold in 1946 to a Bodø company, which had her rebuilt at Gravdal Skipsbyggeri in Sunnhordland as a crane ship with a 15-tonne lifting capability.

 

In 1949 she was damaged and condemned, but was bought by Brødrene Wilhelmsen, who had her rebuilt as a bow-loading car ferry, and renamed her Bjørn West.

 

Registered length 101.5 feet, beam 28.1 feet, depth 8.1 feet. Deutz diesel, 375 BHP.

 

Entered service on 11 June 1951 between Steinestø and Isdalstø.

 

Rebuilt in 1953 by Mjellem & Karlsen of Bergen as a ro-ro ferry.

 

Chartered to Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag on 1 January 1967.

 

In 1970 fitted with new Wichmann diesel, 400 BHP.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

Sold in 1980 to A/S Saki of Søreidgrend, Bergen, and rebuilt for use as a coaster.

 

 

1936 to 1971: Ferjetrafikk (Brødrene Wilhelmsen)

 

N63

 

Leif I (1957 to 1962)

 

See BL44.

 

 

1936 to 1971: Ferjetrafikk (Brødrene Wilhelmsen)

 

N64

 

Bukken Bruse (1961 to 1980)

 

Built by Bergens M/V, delivered in 1961.

 

222 gross tonnes, registered length 124.7 feet, beam 33.5 feet, depth 9.8 feet.

 

Retained by Brødrene Wilhelmsen in 1971, and operated on their own account.

 

Sold in May 1980 to Storstrøms Amtskommune og Ravnsborg Kommune, Denmark.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N65

 

Manger (1951 to 1965)

 

See N42.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N66

 

Seimstrand (1951 to 1973)

 

See N43.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N67

 

Alversund (1951 to 1966)

 

See N44.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N68

 

Matredal (1951 to 1974

 

Built as Husvik I by an unknown shipyard for A/L Øybuss of Telemark, delivered in 1912.

 

Vital statistics not known.

 

Sold at an unknown date to Petter Appelsvold, of Tjøme.

 

Sold in 1946 to Lindaas-Masfjorden Dampskibsselskab, renamed Matredal.

 

Sold in 1974 to Johan Mostraum, of Nottveit. Sold in 1977 to Lars Hosøy, of Ostereidet. Sold in 1978 to Per F. Olsen, of Måløy.

 

Scuttled in 1981 off Stadlandet, north of Måløy.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N69

 

Fjordbussen (1951 to 1973)

 

Built by Kristiansands M/V for Bergen-Hordaland Fjordbuss, delivered in March 1941.

 

103 gross tonnes, registered length 80.6 feet, beam 18.4 feet, depth 6.1 feet. Diesel built by Svenska Maskinverken.

 

Requisitioned by German forces soon after delivery, until spring 1945.

 

Sold in 1947 to Alversund & Manger Dampbåtlag.

 

New engines installed in 1949 – two General Motors diesels, 330 BHP, 13 knots.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag on 1 March 1951.

 

Rebuilt in 1954, with new wheelhouse. 112 gross tonnes, renamed Flatøy.

 

Sold in 1973 to Turunen & Co. of Nurmes, Finland. Renamed Vinkeri II, used for excursions on Finnish lakes.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N70

 

Fjordbussto (1951 to 1974)

Built by Kristiansands M/V for Bergen-Hordaland Fjordbuss, delivered in December 1946.

118 gross tonnes, registered length 83.6 feet, beam 18.4 feet, depth 6.6 feet. Two Gleniffer diesels, 320 BHP, 13 knots.

Sold in 1947 to Alversund & Manger Dampbåtlag.

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag on 1 March 1951.

Renamed Herdla in 1954, rebuilt and superstructure substantially enlarged, 140 gross tonnes. New Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz diesels, 460 BHP.

 

Taken over on 1 January 1974 by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag.

 

Sold in 1979 to Nils Angesøster, of Rubbestadneset, renamed Bremmerholm. Sold in 1980 to Kolmardens Rederi, of Norrköping, Sweden, renamed Göta Lejon, and used for excursions on the Göta canal and along the coast.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N71

 

Hordabø (1951 to 1964)

 

Built as HMS MMS 28 by F. Curtis of Par, Cornwall, for the British Royal Navy, as a minesweeper. Delivered in 1941.

 

Sold in 1947 to Alversund & Manger Dampbådlag.

 

Rebuilt as passenger and cargo vessel.

 

216 gross tonnes, registered length 111.9 feet, beam 22.5 feet, depth 10.6 feet. British Polar Engines diesel, 520 BHP, 11.5 knots.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag on 1 March 1951.

 

In 1964 she was stripped down to serve as a floating landing stage at Mastrevik Slip & M/V, and disappeared some years later.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N72

 

Melanddrott (1951 to 1974)

 

Built by A/S Stord of Leirvik, for Alversund & Manger Dampbåtlag, delivered in 1948.

 

194 gross tonnes, overall length 115.8 feet, beam 19.8 feet, depth 9.0 feet. British Auxiliaries diesel, 500 BHP, 12 knots.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag on 1 March 1951.

 

Subsequently rebuilt, 229 gross tonnes.

 

Sold in 1974 to English owner, who converted her into a floating pub, under the name Ferry Boat Inn.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N73

 

Sæbø (1951 to 1974)

 

Built by Kristiansands M/V for Alversund & Manger Dampbåtlag, delivered in June 1949.

 

131 gross tonnes, registered length 84.7 feet, beam 18.4 feet, depth 6.9 feet. Three General Motors diesels, 510 BHP, coupled to a single screw.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag on 1 March 1951.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

Sold in April 1980 to Sven-Aake Nyberg, of Mollösund, Sweden, renamed Sagana.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N74

 

Nordhordland (1952 to 1972)

 

Built as Prektig by Skaalurens Skibsbyggeri of Rosendal for A. T. Bergsvåg of Nymark, delivered in 1946.

 

136 gross tonnes, registered length 87.6 feet, beam 21.1 feet, depth 10.7 feet. Rubbestadneset diesel, 260 BHP, 10 knots.

 

Operated on a rival service between Bergen and Fedje.

 

Sold on 17 June 1952 to Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag, renamed Nordhordland. Rebuilt with a new saloon aft, and foredeck cleared to accommodate cars.

 

Renamed Fedje in 1956, and Rossnes in 1970.

 

Sold in 1972 to Odd Strøm, of Kristiansund. Sold in 1974 to Tartan Arrow Marine, of London.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N75

 

Njøten (1959 to 1974)

 

Built by Lasse Kausland Båtbyggeri, of Kleppholmen, delivered in 1959.

 

9.76 gross tonnes, overall length 33.8 feet, beam 9.5 feet.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

Sold on 1 February 1981 to Lars Magne Bysheim, of Valestrandsfossen.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N76

 

Nordhordland (1964 to 1974)

 

Built as Louise by Akers M/V of Oslo for Bygdø Dampskibsselskab, delivered in 1892.

 

137 gross tonnes, registered length 84.1 feet, beam 19.0 feet, depth 6.7 feet.

 

Double-ended steam ferry (rudder and propeller at both ends). Similar in appearance to BL24, used on local service from Oslo to Bygdøy.

 

Renamed Louise I in 1903.

 

Sold in 1912 to Dampskibsselskab Vestfjorden, of Oslo, renamed Vestfjorden, and used on local service from Oslo to Snarøya and Vestfjorden.

 

Renamed Bygdønæs Bad in 1920 and transferred to the Oslo to Bygdøy service. Renamed Vestfjorden again in 1923.

 

Between 1940 and 1945 chartered to Nesodden-Bundefjord Dampskibsselskab, of Oslo.

 

In 1946 she operated under contract to Oslo city council on the service from Oslo to Ingerstrand.

 

Sold in 1952 to A/S Florvåg, of Askøy, rebuilt as diesel-powered ro-ro ferry, 143 gross tonnes, and renamed Askøyferja. Chartered to Askøy Bilferjeselskap.

 

Taken over by Rutelaget Askøy-Bergen on 1 January 1961, renamed Dyrteigen.

 

Sold in 1964 to Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag, renamed Nordhordland.

 

New Wichmann diesel installed, 375 BHP.

 

Renamed Masfjord in 1965, and Lygra in 1969.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

Sold in 1979 to George Mallion of Kent, England. Subsequently observed at Montego Bay, Jamaica, bearing the name Mount Barbary.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N77

 

Nordhordland (1965 to 1974)

 

Built by Haugesunds Slip, Haugesund, on 27 April 1965, delivered on 27 April 1965.

 

320 gross tonnes, registered length 162.1 feet, beam 35.15 feet, depth 10.5 feet. Wichmann diesel, 600 BHP.

 

Chartered to Brødrene Wilhelmsen until 1967.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

Renamed Meland in 1976.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N78

 

Lindås (1967 to 1974)

 

Built by Løland M/V, of Leirvik, Sogn, delivered on 14 June 1967.

 

352 gross tones, registered length 161.95 feet, beam 35.15 feet, depth 9.5 feet. Wichmann diesel, 600 BHP, 13 knots.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N79

 

Torefjell (1967 to 1973)

 

See N61.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N80

 

Masfjord (1969 to 1974)

 

Built by Løland M/V of Leirvik, Sogn, delivered in 1969.

 

486 gross tonnes, registered length 147.4 feet. beam 35.05 feet, depth 9.25 feet. Wichmann diesel, 900 BHP, 12 knots.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N81

 

Fedje (1970 to 1974)

 

Built by Eidsvik Skipsbyggeri, of Uskedal, delivered in 1970.

 

182 gross tonnes, registered length 102.25 feet, beam 28.5 feet, depth 9.9 feet. Wichmann diesel, 600 BHP, 11.5 knots.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N82

 

Radøy (1970 to 1974)

 

Built by Hjørungavaag Verksted, of Hjørungavaag, delivered in 1970.

 

416 gross tonnes, registered length 161.6 feet, beam 35.0 feet, depth 10.2 feet. Wichmann diesel, 1,500 BHP.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N83

 

Bjørn West (1971 to 1974)

 

See N62.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N84

 

Austrheim (1973 to 1974)

 

Built by Løland M/V of Leirvik, Sogn, delivered in 1973.

 

396 gross tonnes, registered length 161.8 feet, beam 34.9 feet, depth 10.2 feet. Wichmann diesel, 1,500 BHP, 11 knots.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

Sold in 1982 to Saltens Dampskibsselskab of Bodø, renamed Salten.

 

 

1951 to 1974: Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag

 

N85

 

Byrknesøy (1973 to 1974)

 

Built as Frøyfart by Sverre Førde of Ålesund for Frøya Kommune, Svellingen.

 

Registered length 49.7 feet, beam 15.4 feet. General Motors diesel, 460 BHP. Certificate for 58 passengers.

 

Sold in 1973 to Bergen-Nordhordland Trafikklag, renamed Byrknesøy.

 

Taken over by Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag on 1 January 1974.

 

Sold in 1981 to Puruvesilinjat of Kesälahti, Finland. Renamed Puruvesti, used for excursion work on Finnish lakes. Sold in 1984 to Kyösti Siitonen, of Kesälahti.

 

 

1955 to 1970: J. Ådland Partrederi, of Haus

 

N86

 

Hausferja (1955 to 1970)

 

See N35.

 

 

1934 to 1975: Karl Håland, of Valestrandsfossen

 

N87

 

Valestrand (1934 to unknown date)

 

A small motorship, possibly a converted fishing vessel, acquired by Karl Håland in 1934. She had space on deck for a couple of cars. Career not known.

 

 

1934 to 1975: Karl Håland, of Valestrandsfossen

 

N87A

 

Valestrand (1948 to 1983)

 

Built by unknown shipyard, delivered in 1948.

 

75 gross tonnes, other vital statistics not known.

 

Retained by Karl Håland after 1975, and chartered to various other transport companies in Nordhordland. Sold in 1983 to Holmfisk of Fedje to provide a feight ro-ro service to and from the mainland.

 

 

1934 to 1975: Karl Håland, of Valestrandsfossen

 

N87B

 

Osterøyferja (1962 to 1985)

 

Built as Brevik Kommunale Ferje Nr. 7 by Trosvik Verksted, Brevik, delivered in 1959.

 

114 gross tonnes, registered length 89.4 feet, beam 28.0 feet, depth 8.6 feet.

 

Operated service between Brevik and Stathelle until bridge completed.

 

Sold to Karl Håland in 1962, renamed Osterøyferja.

 

Like Valestrand, retained by Karl Håland in 1975, and renamed Osterøy.

 

Sold in 1985 to Håland Fjordtransport of Valestrandsfossen.

 

Lengthened, rebuilt as ro-ro cargo ferry, 200 gross tonnes, in 1987.

 

 

1934 to 1975: Karl Håland, of Valestrandsfossen

 

N88

 

Valestrandferja (1969 to 1975)

 

Built by Skaalurens Skibsbyggeri, Rosendal, delivered in 1969.

 

228 gross tonnes, registered length 118.8 feet, beam 31.35 feet, depth 13.9 feet. Normo diesel, 12 knots.

 

Sold on 1 July 1975 to Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag, renamed Hamre.

 

Sold in October 1982 to Innherredsferja of Levanger, in Trondheimsfjorden, and renamed Mosvik.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N89

 

Bjørn West (1974 to 1980)

 

See N62.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N90

 

Manger (1974 to 1979)

 

See N70.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N91

 

Sæbø (1974 to 1980)

 

See N73.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N92

 

Njøten (1974 to 1981)

 

See N75.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N93

 

Lygra (1974 to 1979)

 

See N76.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N94

 

Nordhordland (1974 - )

 

See N77.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N95

 

Lindås (1974 - )

 

See N78.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N96

 

Masfjord (1974 - )

 

See N80.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N97

 

Fedje (1974 - )

 

See N81.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N98

 

Radøy (1974 - )

 

See N82.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N99

 

Austrheim (1974 to 1982)

 

See N84.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N100

 

Modalen (1974 - )

 

See N35.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N101

 

Oster (1974 - )

 

See N36.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N102

 

Bruvik (1974 - )

 

See N34.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N103

 

Hamre (1974 to 1982)

 

See N88.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N104

 

Byrknesøy (1974 to 1981)

 

See N85.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N105

 

Haus (1974 - )

 

Built by Løland M/V of Leirvik, Sogn, delivered in 1974.

 

444 gross tonnes, registered length 161.6 feet, beam 37.2 feet, depth 9.9 feet. Wichmann diesel, 825 BHP.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N106

 

Nordhordland (1976 - )

 

Built by Løland M/V of Leirvik, Sogn, delivered on 15 October 1976.

 

799 gross tonnes, registered length 217.9 feet, beam 41.4 feet, depth 12.7 feet. Normo diesel, 1,650 BHP, 12 knots.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N107

 

Toska (1977 to 1978)

 

Built by unknown shipyard for Helgeland Trafikkselskap of Sandnessjøen, delivered in 1963.

 

Gross tonnage not known. Registered length 51.0 feet, beam 14.4 feet, depth 5.6 feet.

 

Fitted with new Volvo Penta diesel in 1971.

 

Sold in 1977 to Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag.

 

Used on local service between Landsvik, Manger and Toska.

 

Sold in 1978.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N108

 

Aras (1978 - )

 

Built by Fjellstrand Aluminium Yachts, of Omastrand, for Arvid Hopen, of Mastrevik.

 

32 gross tonnes, later remeasured to 26 gross tonnes. Other vital statistics not known.

 

Time-chartered to Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N109

 

Seimstrand (1979 - )

 

Built by Liaaen A/S of Ålesund, delivered in 1979.

 

760 gross tonnes, overall length 229.3 feet, beam 45.3 feet, depth 12.3 feet. Normo diesel, 1,899 BHP.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N110

 

Manger (1979 - )

 

Built by Fjellstrands Aluminium Yachts, of Omastrand.

 

194 gross tonnes, overall length 84,75 feet, beam 30.6 feet, depth 4.0 feet. Two Vee Oil diesels, 2,400 BHP.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N111

 

Bruvik (1980 - )

 

Built by Trøndverftet of Hommelvikja, Trondheim, delivered on 15 March 1980.

 

495 gross tonnes, overall length 211.0 feet, beam 39.2 feet.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N112

 

Lygra (1981 - )

 

Built by Fjellstrand Aluminium Yachts, of Omastrand, delivered on 26 November 1981.

 

314 gross tonnes, overall length 103.95 feet, beam 31.02 feet.

 

 

1974 to date: Bergen-Nordhordland Rutelag

 

N113

 

Alversund (1982 - )

 

Built by Trøndverftet of Hommelvikja, Trondheim, delivered in 1982.

 

1,199 gross tonnes, overall length 265.65 feet, beam 46.2 feet, depth 13.2 feet. Bergens M/V Normo diesel, 2,600 BHP.