Tapas Sen, scored 92% marks in madhyamik examinations and stood first in Bankura district. We talked to Mr. Subal Das, the principal of Bankura Christian Collegiate school, who tells us about the adversity, which young Tapas has endured and prevailed. Tapas's father is mentally ill. Unable to bear the educational expenses, his mother, the sole earning member of the family, was forced to send Tapas to his uncle's place. Tapas has seen his father suffer for the need of good medical care, which the family obviously could not afford. He aspired to become a doctor and help the needy. Tapas worked very hard for his medical joint entrance exams. Although, Tapas could not become a doctor this time, his studies did not stop as Padakshep constantly supported him. Tapas has successfully passed higher secondary examinations and now he is studying at Bankura Christian College with physics as his major subject.
Name: Tapas Sen
Scholarship period: 2009-2011 (ended)
Higher Secondary (Science), Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology
c/o Samir Dutta
182 Barasoloana Lane
P. O./Thana/Dist. Bankura
Purulia address: Vill. Napara; P.O. Napara;
P.S.- Puncha, Dist. Purulia
Tapas cell: 834-851-9761
Maternal uncle Samir Dutta, Phone no. 947-456-1275
Next exams: Medical WBJEE, AIJEE, PMT (Pre-medical test), HS exams.
Bankura Christian Collegiate School,
PO & PS- Bankura, Dist.- Bankura,
Phone No. (03242) 254503
Headmaster: Subal Das
Private Tuition info:
1. (Phys) Srimanta Pal : 943-420-2478 ; Rs 250 (Tapas has stopped visiting him as the HS exam is very close. He will use this money for buying 1/2 practice books and for the AFMC form)
2. Binoy Roy (Bio): 943-431-4416 (free of cost)
3. Ranjit Samigrali (Chem): 943-425-3703 (free of cost)
4. Mrityunjai Bhunia (English): 943-439-3105 free of cost)
5. Manoj Pathak (Math): 943-454-4365 (free of cost)
6. Krishnendu Mallick (Bengali): 983-229-8575 (Rs 150)
7. Mahitosh De (Physics) 943-425-3949 (Rs 150)
8. YOU NEED coaching center: 943-414-3778 / 801-617-1078
[Madhusudan Adhikari, Staff, Ph no. 892-702-6095]
Kartick Chandra Sen (father)
Namita Sen (mother)
Father is mentally deranged and in and out from home for the past 12 yrs., mother is a anganwadi helper in Puncha ICDS project, Purulia, monthly income Rs. 1600/-, family below poverty line, lives with maternal uncle Samir Dutta.
Mark sheet of Madhyamik pariksha 2009, Enquiry report by BDO Puncha, Declaration Letter 2009, substantiation report.