Yield: 24-36 mini bites Cook Time: 15-20 minutes (PRINT)
1 (8oz) package 1/3 Less Fat Neufchatel cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- On a lightly floured surface, carefully roll the pie crust with a floured rolling pin.
- Using a round cookie or biscuit cutter (approximately 2 1/2 - 3 inches diamater) cut at least 12 rounds out of each pie crust.
You can then re-roll scrap crust out and cut more rounds. I managed to get 36 rounds.
- Carefully press each round into the mini-muffin pans. Use your fingers to round the ends into a pie crust.
- Once all the muffin tins are filled with pie crusts, place the entire tray in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin and beat to combine.
- Add sugar and beat to combine. Add eggs one at a time, beating each until combined.
- Stir in vanilla and spices.
- Remove prepared muffin tin from the freezer. Fill each mini-pie crust with filling almost up to the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove to a wire rack. Let cool. Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Adapted from A Dash of Sass Pumpkin Pie Bites