CLICK HERE TO PRINT
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 uncooked pie crust
- Lightly beat eggs then add sugar and mix till blended.
- Add in vanilla, salt, and milk and stir/mix till completely blended.
- Pour into prepared pie plate and sprinkle with nutmeg to liking
- Bake at 425F for 10 minutes then lower temp to 350F and cook 50-55 minutes or until custard is set.
- I usually put a knife in the center and if it comes out clean it’s done.
- Cook on wire rack so air can get under the bottom.
- Refrigerate once completely cool.