Adapted from Joy of
Yield: 6 rolls
lb lean ground pork
1/2 large carrot, shredded
1 cup bean sprouts
cup mint leaves
1/2 cup cilantro
1 cup rice noodles
- In a medium pan, cook the ground pork. Set aside.
a medium pot, cook the rice noodles as directed on the package. Set
- Fill a large bowl with hot water. Have a kitchen
towel in front of you.
- Soak one sheet of rice paper in the
hot water, immersing it completely. As soon as it becomes pliable, 1 or 2
minutes, carefully remove it and lay it flat on the towel.
one-sixth of the cooked noodles, carrots, sprouts, mint, cilantro, and
pork along the center of the rice paper.
- Fold the sides of
the rice paper over the filling, then roll up tightly into a neat
- Set seam side down on a large platter. Cover with
a damp towel to keep moist.
- Repeat with remaining rice
paper and ingredients.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili