Adapted from this Oprah recipe
Yield: 3 dozen
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
5/8 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp peppermint extract
flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in
bowl of food processor or stand mixer. Mix to combine.
- Add butter. Mix until butter is combined. Mixture will not come together.
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla, and peppermint and mix until dough comes together.
- Remove dough from bowl and shape into a 1-inch wide log.
- Wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Cut into 1/4-inch discs and place on parchment lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown at the edges. Cool completely on racks.
- Can also be coated in tempered chocolate.