Notes on clarinet. Songs on acoustic guitar for beginners. 7 trumpets.
Notes On Clarinet
- (clarinetist) a musician who plays the clarinet
- The clarinet is a musical instrument that is a part of the woodwind family. The name derives from adding the suffix -et (meaning little) to the Italian word clarino (meaning a type of trumpet), as the first clarinets had a strident tone similar to that of a trumpet.
- An organ stop with a tone resembling that of a clarinet
- A woodwind instrument with a single-reed mouthpiece, a cylindrical tube of dark wood with a flared end, and holes stopped by keys. The most common forms are tuned in B flat, A, and E flat
- a single-reed instrument with a straight tube
- A brief record of facts, topics, or thoughts, written down as an aid to memory
- (note) make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
- A short informal letter or written message
- (note) a brief written record; "he made a note of the appointment"
- (note) a short personal letter; "drop me a line when you get there"
- A short comment on or explanation of a word or passage in a book or article; an annotation
Today was the first night of practice for community band since our concert on December 12. It was fun to get back to playing, but also a bit painful at times. These sorts of notes are what should be left on the page for a flute or clarinet. I play sax, we don't do this sort of stuff! Also tonight I finally encountered just how hardcore the files out of the 5D Mark II can be. I exported a 16-bit TIFF image from Lightroom to do a few tweaks in Photoshop and noticed that, for the first time, I was seeing progress bars come up to perform various tasks. I have a 3GHz octo-core Mac Pro with 6GB of RAM.. I shouldn't be seeing this! I looked in Finder and noticed that the file extracted from the CR2 was 561MB! No wonder! I think I'll stick with 8-bit unless I find an absolute need for more.... I can't go around using up a gig of hard drive space per each pair of photos. strobist: Bare 580EX camera top, 1/8th power shooting up at the ceiling
bass clarinet in waiting
Another pre-concert shot of the bass clarinet. What a beautiful instrument! Here I debated cropping/retouching out the music stand on the left and retouching out the bungee on the right. Instead, I decided I liked the bigger story the details revealed. Note, too, the green tape on the cap for the mouthpiece. I like the way the unsophisticated instrument stand (with funky bungee cord to strap the clarinet in place) contrasts against the oh-so-elegant, complicated, precision-made, and highly sophisticated instrument itself.