SB 264 Allows Deregulations Impacting Teacher Rights
Post date: May 17, 2011 10:35:45 PM
SB 264 is dead for this session. Although it passed the Senate, the House adjourned for the session without considering it.
From the OEA regarding Senate Bill 264, which allows schools to request deregulation from many state laws:
ACT NOW! Your pay and benefits could drastically change!
Your school life could drastically change if SB 264 bill is passed. We need your help to get a NO vote on SB 264.
- Sick leave, personal leave and emergency leave could be eliminated.
- Salaries above the state minimum would no longer be guaranteed.
- Continuing contracts could be abolished.
- ESP dismissal and nonrenewal regulations could be disregarded.
- Library/Media Specialists and Guidance Counselors could be in jeopardy.
We have a chance to get SB 264 killed in the House of Representatives if you will take action now. Call, email, or visit in person with your HOUSE member as soon as possible and tell him or her to vote no on SB 264. Time is short and the stakes are high. The fate of this bill is in your hands. Time is short and the stakes are high. The fate of this bill is in your hands.