Bear Creek Ambassador (BCA)
2012 Job Description
As representative to your church, BCA’s are the vital link between the Congregations of Eastern Pennsylvania and Bear Creek Camp.
· A $10 discount to each youth member of the BCA’s home congregation attending a week of camp. To receive the BCA discount, the BCA must annually attend an annual training meeting.
· The satisfaction of helping make your camp continue to be a fun faith formative experience for persons of all ages.
We are looking for:
· Active members in their congregations
· Individuals that are passionate and informed about Bear Creek Camp
· Creative and outgoing persons willing to present information to church staff, councils, Sunday Schools and congregation
Support Provided by BCC:
· Camp promotion training at the Training Meetings
· A camp video that is available on loan for use with camp promotions
· Periodic mailings containing
o Program information
o Bulletin Announcements and Inserts
· A website with current information about BCC events and news
· Attending one of the annual Bear Creek Ambassador training meetings held in late January and early February in a variety of locations.
· Promoting Bear Creek Camp in your home congregation by:
o Posting information about current BCC events in your church
o Submitting bulletin announcements/inserts to the church office
o Encouraging congregation members to attend Bear Creek Camp programs
o Keeping the Pastor, Christian Education, Youth and other appropriate committees informed about events at Bear Creek Camp.
o Organizing a congregational fundraiser to provide in-church scholarships for youth who attend Bear Creek Camp.
o Coordinating group registration to ensure that all youth get all possible discounts from BCA signature, Pastor Signature, and Early Bird deadline.
o Presenting a congregational council meeting at your church annually to update and encourage continued partnership.
If you or someone you know is interested, please email BearCreekCampMarketing@gmail.com!