Rowing is a Division I Varsity Sport at BC, so to even see if you like rowing and try out there are a number of forms.
BC Pre-Entrance Physical Forms
- These are required of all BC students, not just athletes.
- Make sure your doctor checks the box that says cleared for sports!
- Keep a copy for your reference. THIS IS ESSENTIAL
Sports Medicine Forms (don't forget to keep a copy for yourself!)
EMAIL a copy of completed forms to email@example.com
FAX or MAIL completed forms to Sports Medicine
Mailing Address: Boston College, Conte Forum - Sports Medicine, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- Form #1 - Insurance Information Letter,
parents signature required even if student-athlete is over 18 CLICK HERE FOR THIS FORM
- Form #2 - Intercollegiate Insurance Form, a faxed copy will be accepted as a temporary form, but please mail original CLICK HERE FOR THIS FORM
- Form #3 - Sports Medicine History Form, parents signature required even if student-athlete is over 18 CLICK HERE FOR THIS FORM
- Include a copy of your insurance card, front and back (there is no form for the insurance card, but be sure to include it)
- Sickle Cell Trait Test - The
NCAA has recently passed legislation that requires all new student-athletes to
obtain the results of sickle cell trait testing prior to that athlete being
cleared to participate in any type of workout, including but not limited to;
physical testing, cardio workouts, strength training, agility workouts, skills
practice and ‘tryouts’.
student-athletes must provide Boston College Sports Medicine with written
results of the sickle cell trait test.
In the United States, all children are tested at birth. Results of this test may be on file at the
birth hospital, on birth records, or perhaps with a pediatrician.
Sickle cell trait testing is NOT usually part of the normal immunization
the results of the testing at birth cannot be located, the student-athlete MUST undergo a simple blood test
to obtain the sickle cell trait test results.
SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE RESULTS OF THE TESTING DO NOT CHANGE THE STUDENT-ATHLETE’S PLAYING STATUS. The information
assists Sports Medicine, Strength & Conditioning, and Coaches in ensuring
the safety of the student-athlete.
Directions to Coach Weatherby's Office
To get to Coach Weatherby's Office, go through to Alumni Stadium, any gate that is open (football stadium, not Conte) and go towards the HH-MM boxes, once you get to that end of the stadium go up to the 2nd floor and you will see office. Coach Weatherby's is 201E