biography is a description or account of someone's life, which is usually
published in the form of a book or essay, or in some other form, such as a
film. An autobiography (auto meaning "self," giving
"self-biography") is a biography by the same person it is about.
ONLINE CATALOGUE SUBJECT HEADINGS: Biography (there are hundreds of subdivisions). A simpler method is to enter into the search box the last name of the person you are interested in. For example, Iacocca and biography.
SELECTED PRINT RESOURCES (REF INDICATES NONCIRCULATING REFERENCE):
· Current Biography Yearbook REF CT100 Use the cumulative index to find the entry for the person)
· Black Americans in Congress 1870-2007 REF E185.96.B526 (2008)
· American National Biography REF CT213.A68 (1999) The American National Biography is a 24 volume biographical encyclopedia set containing approximately 17,400 entries and 20 million words.
· Many of the print biography sources use the Library of Congress call number beginning with CT.
· Biography Collection Complete More than 177,000 biographies
· Biography Reference Bank Covers more than 500,000 people
· Encyclopedia Britannica Online: Academic Edition Encyclopedia and dictionary
SUGGESTED INTERNET SITES:
· Biography.com [http://www.biography.com]
· Yahoo Biographies [http://dir.yahoo.com/Society_and_Culture/People/Biographies/] It has great categories by time periods (i.e., 16th century) and by type (i.e., artists).
Citing Your Sources:
· Documentation Guidelines for citing sources and avoiding plagiarism [http://library.duke.edu/research/citing/]
· EasyBib: automatic bibliography and citation maker [http://www.easybib.com/]