Environment: Seaside Forest
Area: 35 Acres
Accommodates: 45 indoors
Located overlooking Baynes Sound on the Strait of Georgia, near Courtenay, Camp Elkhaven features 35 acres of forests, orchards and clearings. With full facilities such as a kitchen, dining area, washrooms and a large dormitory that sleeps 45 kids indoors.
For outdoor camping, there is an orchard with 7 grassy acres and picnic tables. There are outdoor toilets located throughout for larger groups.
Complete with a volleyball net, fire pits and horseshoe pitches, make Elkhaven your child's destination for seaside fun!
Camp Elkhaven is located on Denman Island, British Columbia.
Access to Denman Island is available only by ferry from Buckley Bay
- (Approximately 20 minutes south of Courtenay, 60 minutes north of Nanaimo)
- For ferry schedules, please check www.bcferries.com
- After disembarking the ferry, follow the road until the first intersection with Northwest Road
- Make a left turn and follow Northwest Road for 1500 metres, or just less than 1 mile
- The entrance to Elkhaven will be on the left hand (west) side
- Follow the unpaved road for approximately 600 metres to reach the Main Building
- The road is kept in good condition, and is accessible to low clearance vehicles
- The road is one way, please yield to oncoming (exiting) traffic