YOURS TRULY & A BIG FISH (pic taken in Nobu Restaurant London Metropolitan Hotel)
- 500g salmon fillet
- 150g shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 100g spring onions sliced
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil (Filippo Berio)
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 4 slices of fresh lemon
- 80g beansprouts
- 60 ml white wine
- 4 slices of ripe tomato
- 1/2 tsp Maldon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 pieces of tin foil about 30cm x 30cm
With a sharp knife slice the salmon into 4 pieces. Put 4 pieces of 30cm x 30cm tin foil on the table. Lay a piece of salmon in the middle of each piece of foil. Scatter the remaining ingridients on top of each slice of salmon. fold the foil around the salmon and vegetables to make 4 tidy, tight and square parcels. Lay 4 more pieces of foil on the table and wrap each parcel a second time, this will protect them and stop them from leaking while they cook.
To cook, place the parcels directly on hot coals. They should take about 20 to 25 minutes depending on how hot the BBQ coals are.
How to serve.
I love to eat these with BBQ flat bread and my famous crazy hot sauce. also plenty of cold white wine.
BBQ Top Tips
- You can leave the skin on the fish it is very edible, but make sure that the scales have been removed.
- It really goes without saying, but make sure the fish and all ingridients are sparkling fresh.
- If you dont have white wine you can put sake, brandy or even water.