Our School

The origins of the school can be traced back to Ballymodan School for girls,which was located in Oliver Plunkett Street, Bandon.  This school was built in 1814.  In 1922, the boys from the school on St. Patrick’s Quay (which was the former Methodist Church) moved to Oliver Plunkett Street.  The school was then known as ‘Ballymodan Mixed’.

The Munster Arms Hotel purchased Ballymodan school buildings in 1964.  The old school on St.Patrick’s Quay served as a furniture store for many years.  The old crest can be seen on the wall.

In 1960, a new school was completed on the present site and opened with Ms.Betty Beamish as Principal.  The school had two teachers at the time.  In 1967, a pre-fabricated building was erected and with the amalgamation of Innishannon NS, Bandonbridge became a three-teacher school.  The school was extended in 1976 with the addition of five new classrooms.  A further amalgamation with Brinny NS took place and Bandonbridge then had a staff of five teachers.
  
In 2006, a new classroom and staffroom block were built to cater for the increasing numbers. 
Today the school has a staff of ten – an administrative principal, seven class teachers and three special education teachers, all of whom continue the tradition of dedicated service to the school.

To view the map below: Please click on the satellite view (Sat) icon at the top right and use the + or - buttons to zoom in or out.

Bandonbridge National School


Loc8 Code is WMK-28-FJ9