The Baywood Enrichment Program (BEP) will have a Program Director and an Advisory Council as part of its governance structure.
The responsibilities of the program director include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting coaches
- Working with school principal and faculty to coordinate student invitations
- Serve as primary liaison between coaches and school officials and faculty
- The day-to-day operations of the program
- Working with the school principal and PTA to secure resources for the program
- Providing materials and other support to coaches
- Managing and allocating budget expenditures
The position of Program Director after the initial three-year pilot will be an elected position with a three-year non-renewable term. Nominations for Program Director will be considered by the Advisory Council who elects the Program Director.
The advisory council during the initial three-year pilot will be comprised of 3rd
, 4th, and 5th grade faculty and the school principal. We will also try to include a faculty member or administrator from the local Middle School. Additionally, the advisory council may include local experts in mathematics or science education.
The advisory council will meet once a year, in mid to late August, to discuss and evaluate the program.