Welcome to Occidental!
Our Team Welcomes You!
Click on the "Services" button below for:
At OcciDental of Brooklyn, we work with all commercial, union, federal, city and military insurances. Subject to your employer participation with certain fee schedule. Please contact your HR department for the list of benefits available to you.
Reviewed by Dr Grey DDS for Occidental of Brooklyn
1st Medical Network
Types of Braces utilized by OcciDental Of Brooklyn:
1. Saccharine Sodium which is used as a sweetening agent in toothpaste is 500 times sweeter than sugar.
2. Replace your toothbrush after you had a cold, sore throat or notorious infections. Harmful bacteria accumulates and grows on the toothbrush and can cause infection.
3. Newborn babies have no caries forming bacteria. Actuality, it is the baby’s mother who transmits the plaque forming bacteria by blowing on food before feeding and kissing the baby in the mouth.
4. You should always maintain a distance of 6 feet between the toilet and where you brush your teeth. Airborne particles from the flush can travel up to 6 feet.
5. The practice of placing a cap on toothbrush head actually causes bacterial growth. Bristles moisture is increased in enclosed containers favoring the growth of bacteria.
6. There was dramatic increase of patients with tooth decay in the year where coke was launched.
7. Contrary to popular belief, there is no significant advantage of an electric or powered toothbrush over the normal toothbrush except comfort of use.
8. The swallowing of a fluoride containing toothpaste can cause several harmful effects such as fluoride toxicity.
9. Overzealous brushing can lead to eroded enamel which never grows back causing teeth sensitivity along with other oral problems. Vigorous brushing does more harm than good.
10. Teeth whitening toothpastes that claim to whiten your teeth was discovered to be as effective as their normal counterparts.
Dental offices in Brooklyn and Staten Island
If we wish to lead a pain free life, it is very important to visit a dental practice, such as OcciDental of Brooklyn, regularly. Our dentists are able to identify any problems with your teeth much earlier than you will be able to sense on your own. If they can spot early that your teeth have been weakened they will be able to use gentle care methods rather than resorting to more intrusive procedures.
Gentle care methods are largely preventative, such as using a special type of toothbrush, but they are very effective at catching problems early; the result being that the treatment you receive is pain free. For most dental patients, use of gentle care methods may prevent the fear of dentists that prevents many from getting regular checkups. OcciDental of Brooklyn dentists are very skilled at discovering problems early and are able to prevent major issues before they begin to fully develop. By regularly attending the OcciDental of Brooklyn office, you take major steps towards having a lifetime of pain free teeth.
Had a crown and a root canal done. It looks great. They explained the procedure in detail before beginning. Finished in around 1 hour with no pain. My teeth look great and I feel wonderful.
SAsun12in Brooklyn, NY on July 05, 2011 5.0 stars
Interesting facts about dentists and dental professionals:
Dentists practice the branch of medicine called dentistry that is involved in the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity, maxillofacial area and the adjacent and associated structures and their impact on the human body.
The American Dental Association recognizes nine dental specialists: Public Health Dentists, Endodontics Dentists (Endodontists), Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology Dentists, Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology Dentists, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Dentist(Oral Surgeon), Orthodontics Dentist (Orthodontists), Pediatric Dentists, Periodontics Dentists (Periodontists), Prosthodontics Dentists (Prosthodontists), and General Dentists.
Please refer to http://occidentalofbrooklyn.blogspot.com/ for more information