posted Mar 14, 2011, 7:18 AM by Yu-Shuan Sho
updated Mar 14, 2011, 9:33 AM
Today is the deadline for BayUP's 2011 applications. Weeks and months prior, students and staff have been praying and discerning diligently about their summer plans. Many heartfelt conversations have taken place with staff, pastors, families, peers about this decision. As of today, these are the campuses that will be sending a student team to BayUP: Chico State, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UC Davis
! Praise the Lord!
Please pray with me for the following:
- Long-Term Fruit - Pray that this short-term project will bear long-term fruit on these campuses, with these students, and with the communities we will be serving alongside this summer.
- Favor in Fundraising - students and staff will be working hard in the next couple of months to raise the needed funding to participate in the project (students - $1600, staff - $850). Please pray especially for new believers and folks with non-Christian families who might not be as well networked within the Church.
- Teachers and Content - I'm very excited about the teaching curriculum for BayUP this year! 2 big pieces of the content still need to be finalized. We are still looking for an Amos manuscript teacher as well as a teacher and solid content for a day-long Race Dialogue Seminar.
- BayUP Logistics - Now that the big pieces of the project are all pretty much in place, I am working on finishing some logistical tasks before my maternity leave (4/6) as well as passing on the rest to our regional administrative assistant, Nancy Brown. Please pray for a very productive month before my leave and a smooth transition after.
- Transitions in the Family - As I launch this year's BayUP as the new director, the Lord has also brought a new addition to our family, inviting us to launch a new season in our family life. We are eager in anticipating baby Joaquin's arrival mid-April, both with joy and a little anxiety. Please pray for this transition in the family - for Mateo becoming an older brother, for me juggling BayUP and a new born, and for Javier as he steps more into the primary caretaker role with the kids over the summer.
- Spiritual Protection - As we know, this project has a long spiritual legacy of developing world changers. Praise God for that! We also know that with such spiritual impact comes great spiritual oppositions. Please pray protection over both the staff and students (and their families) - for physical, emotional, mental, spiritual health and safety.
Thank you for your partnership. I look forward to sharing the joy of the Lord's perfect and sovereign work this summer! If you would like to donate to this project, it's not too late! Please go to http://www.intervarsity.org/donate/to/bayup