ABOUT MR BUFFENBARGER AND THE INTERNATIONAL1) NEW ELECTION COMING UP FOR HE AND HIS BUDDIES HERE IS WHY
On August 15, 2013, the Department entered into a voluntary compliance agreement with the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM), located in Upper Marlboro, Md., concerning the 2013 election of international officers. The IAM agreed to conduct new nominations and a new election, if necessary, for the offices of international president, general secretary-treasurer and eight general vice presidents under OLMS supervision prior to June 2014. The investigation disclosed that the union failed to provide notice of nomination to the membership regarding the nomination of international officers, local lodges did not provide notice of their nomination meetings to all members, and members were denied a reasonable opportunity to nominate candidates when some members were working at the time of the nomination meeting and/or endorsement vote and no alternative method of nomination was provided. The agreement follows an investigation by the OLMS Washington District Office.
2) UNVERIFIED- But the intrusion of the IAM over the local 751 may not be the first time. About 1985-86 the Alaska Airlines IAM local went on strike for about 90 days. I have heard that it was an issue totally driven by the International, over the objections of the local. IF someone could verify, it might be worthwhile tom find out the details. email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) INITIAL FILING WHICH WAS WITHDRAWN - BUT MAY HAVE BEEN REINSTATED LATER WITH NEW NUMBER
4) BUFFY ON PENSIONS BEFORE
5) THE CONTENDER TO BUFFENBARGER IN COMING ELECTION IN 2014
6) THE IAM VOTENO SITE
7) A BIT OF IAM HISTORY REGARDING REFORMERS
and the above is referenced in the below parody
8) MORE BUFFENBARGER ON PENSIONS - HE WAS FOR IT BEFORE HE WAS AGAIN IT OR SOMETHING
9) HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT IAM PAYS FOR BUFFYS PENSION
Most do NOT realize that since about 2008, the IRS990 forms now show the base pay and contributions to pension plans and insurance
for the top five in any non-profit 501 type corporations and UNIONS But in the LM2- only the gross pay is shown.
The Local is supposed to have copies available of the three most recent IRS990 forms for the International. No membership needed to
obtain. ANYONE, including press, man on the street, etc can request copies. Time and place for providing
section 6104(d) in response to a request made in person at its principal,regional and district offices during regular business hours, and
10 ) Of course a bit of searching one can find a few IRS 990
Note page 28 on this 990 and pension contributions
Note page 33 on this 990 and pension contributions -- er ah something doesn't match with other 990
And then there is the SPEEA contribution to pension for Mr Goforth.
Interesting that some of the SPEEA Staff ex Boeing also get BCERP credited service while working full time for union . .
11) Here is the DOL letter to Buffy re elections
12) Here is the Daily Labor Report
13) WASHINGTON POST ARTICLE
14) A FEW BUFFY FACTS FROM THE OPPOSITION