BATHROOMS DECORATING : SHABBY SHEEK DECORATING : HOME DECORATING FORUMS.
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- A room containing a bathtub or a shower and usually also a washbasin and a toilet
- A room containing a toilet
- (bathroom) toilet: a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
- A set of matching units to be fitted in such a room, esp. as sold together
- (bathroom) a room (as in a residence) containing a bathtub or shower and usually a washbasin and toilet
- A bathroom is a room that may have different functions depending on the culturalist context. In the most literal sense, the word bathroom means "a room with a bath".
bathrooms decorating - Before &
Before & After Bathroom Makeovers
This second decorating release in Sunset’s Before & After series is truly a fun way to get the creative juices flowing for your next bathroom project. You’re sure to find helpful ideas when you peek into 40 households and see their "Before & After" photos. These real-life examples show how dull and even dilapidated bathrooms can be turned into absolutely amazing spaces. In addition to the inspiring transformations, this new volume is packed with fabulous photos and helpful text, pointing the way toward dream bathroom makeovers.
* More than 200 photos show 40 bathrooms in Before & After format
* Special features highlight key aspects of bathroom remodeling, from cabinets and storage to countertops and lighting
* Many of the makeovers feature helpful floor plans
* Includes helpful tips and testimonials from homeowners and designers
So since my new apt. (yes i'm moving) doesn't have a shower door, I had to get a shower curtain. I found the perfect one in about 30sec. at Bed Bath and Beyond and I also found the best hangers for it that coordinate perfectly =) I got excited and took a picture of all the stuff together.
It's really hard to take pictures of a tiny bathroom
$40 and 2 hours of work. Picked up the heart bathroom stuff over Valentine's, got the hanging hearts from IKEA
The bathroom is the new design frontier. In urban apartments and at large secluded estates, adventurous home owners and the nation’s top designers are breaking the old rules, using space and materials in dramatic new ways and reimagining just what a bathroom can be. No longer intended solely for utilitarian purposes, today’s bathrooms are designed for everything from solitude to accommodating the family to entertaining.
The Luxury Bathroom offers a tour of thirty-five state-of-the-art spaces created by today’s top designers—among them Celerie Kemble, Jamie Drake, and Miles Redd—in exclusive residences across the country. From luxuriously equipped expanses worthy of Canyon Ranch to a tiny Beaux Arts bathroom inspired by a gallery at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art to a guest bath covered in leather tiles, each room is unique and a rich source of inspiration and aspiration.
Once the most purely functional of rooms, bathrooms today are evolving into the most fanciful and sumptuous of living spaces. In these pages you’ll discover a getaway oasis that brings the spa vacation home, an unabashedly social space complete with wet bar and fabulous upholstery, and a woman’s private sanctuary that is the ultimate expression of contemporary femininity.
Not only delving into the details that make each room unique, but also including humor and insight into how the spaces reflect the owners’ lifestyle, taste, and vision, The Luxury Bathroom reveals a surprising range of possibilities for reinventing this room, for those of us who are ready to begin now or who are just dreaming about doing so.
The phenomenal array of unique materials and the limitless imagination of designers and builders have made bathrooms the new design frontier. The space has become a nucleus of style and taste, but perhaps it is most notable for seducing its owners to spend time there. And, after all, what is more luxurious than time? With the endless possibilities for what was once a boxed-in space, the bathroom has become the Cinderella star of a fancy dress ball. And so The Luxury Bathroom will inform and entertain as it celebrates not just the bathroom, but really the imagination.