DECORATIONS FOR WALLS : DORM ROOM DECORATING TIPS.
Decorations For Walls
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- The process or art of decorating or adorning something
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- A thing that serves as an ornament
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (wall) anything that suggests a wall in structure or function or effect; "a wall of water"; "a wall of smoke"; "a wall of prejudice"; "negotiations ran into a brick wall"
- A continuous vertical brick or stone structure that encloses or divides an area of land
- Any high vertical surface or facade, esp. one that is imposing in scale
- (wall) surround with a wall in order to fortify
- A side of a building or room, typically forming part of the building's structure
- (wall) an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure; "the south wall had a small window"; "the walls were covered with pictures"
decorations for walls - Reusable Decoration
Reusable Decoration Wall Sticker Decal - Flower Spindles
Become an interior decorator and transform your living space from ordinary to extraordinary with these unique stickers! With these stickers you'll be sure to add plenty of color, depth, fun, and individuality apart from the average home. You can adorn the interior walls and windows of your home, bathroom, office, nursery, dorm, or store. Get creative and apply them to furniture, such as your refrigerator, table, desk, kitchen cabinets, drawers, etc. The Flower Spindles sticker set include multiple sizes and various colors and intricately detailed floral patterns. You can arrange them however you wish! If you want to revamp your space without having to spend too much time, money, and effort, then this is the perfect way! Because these stickers are removable, repositionable, and reusable, you can apply them time after time without any hassle and mess that come with most other means of design like painting that can be costly, time-consuming, and laborious. They're extremely easy and simple to use. Just peel and apply. Plus, you don't need to worry about damage or residue after removal. With affordable stickers like these, create the look you always wanted in minutes!
Credits: Layered template (Adventure 365, Template 8), Trick Or Treat, Trick Or Treat Cardstocks and Trick Or Treat Glitters all by Jewel Goodwin (Mad Genius Designs). Font is DJB Writes A Lot by Darcy Baldwin. Journalling reads: Since it was our first Halloween, we went a little bit overboard when it came to buying decorations for our little Halloween party. Plastic banners, paper chains and inflatable items for the walls. Tinsel to wrap around the light stand and cardboard chandeliers and paper lanterns for the doorway. We decorated the tv unit with flashing lights and Logan drove us nuts by constantly swiping them to play with. We bought a plastic tablecloth and paper napkins for the table as well as a tinsel fountain centre piece. We even went as far as buying lots of Halloween themed plastic plates and bowls. It took us nearly the whole afternoon to decorate the living room and when we were finished it looked more than a little tacky, but it was so worth the expense and the effort to see how thrilled and excited both of the boys were about the party when it was finally all finished.
Prampolini, Enrico (1894-1956) - 1940 Sketch for External Wall Decoration (Sotheby's Milan, 2004)
Tempera on panel; 23 x 37 cm. Enrico Prampolini was an Italian Futurist painter, sculptor and scenographer. He assisted in the design of the Exhibition of the Fascist Revolution and was (like Gerardo Dottori) active in Aeropainting. He pursued a program of abstract and quasi-abstract painting, combined with a career in stage design. His Spatial-Landscape Construction (1919) is quasi-abstract with large flat areas in bold colours, predominantly red, orange, blue and dark green. His Simultaneous Landscape (1922) is totally abstract, with flat colors and no attempt to create perspective. In his Umbrian Landscape (1929), produced in the year of the Aeropainting Manifesto, Prampolini returns to figuration, representing the hills of Umbria. But by 1931 he had adopted "cosmic idealism", a biomorphic abstractionism quite different from the works of the previous decade, for example in Pilot of the Infinite (1931) and Biological Apparition (1940). Prampolini was an influence on Tullio Crali.
decorations for walls
Walls provide endless opportunities for us to express our taste and personality, so it’s surprising how often we resort to painting them in solid colors or covering them with uninspired wallpaper. Now, acclaimed interior designer Linda Barker proves that walls can be much more than backdrops for artwork, neutral surfaces to blend with furniture, or mere room dividers. Whether your home is large or small, classic or contemporary, Barker provides the inspiration to transform your walls into beautiful, decorative pieces, with 100 wall treatments for a variety of looks and budgets, including:
• Novel approaches to traditional paint techniques, including bar-code stripes, stencils, and tattoos
• Wallpaper masks that create bold overlapping patterns for a dramatic effect
• Innovative treatments such as leather or suede paneling, seashell displays, and fabric coverings
• Stunning mosaics created in a few short hours with preconstructed stone sheets
• Inspirations for collages using personal items such as clothing and accessories that you can adapt to reflect your own personal flair
Whether you opt to add a modern twist to a classic treatment, or choose a more unconventional approach, Wall to Wall provides myriad possibilities for creating dramatic style. Linda Barker also helps you approach bare walls without inhibition with down-to-earth advice on basics such as lighting, the proper use of color to create moods, and the perfect textures to complement a room’s composition. Gorgeously illustrated with step-by-step photos and filled with Linda Barker’s characteristic charm and style, Wall to Wall is an invaluable resource for beginners and seasoned decorators alike.