- Butter, For Greasing
- 2 cups (heaping) Cranberries
- 3/4 cups Pecans, Chopped (measure, Then Chop)
- 3/4 cups Sugar,
- 1 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 whole Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, or Almond
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Turbinado Sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Generously butter a cake pan or pie pan. Add cranberries to the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle on chopped pecans, then sprinkle on 3/4 cup sugar.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, melted butter, eggs, almond extract, and salt. Stir gently to combine.
Pour batter slowly over the top in large “ribbons” in order to evenly cover the surface. Spread gently if necessary.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes (Mine was done in 40 minutes). 5 minutes before removing from oven, sprinkle surface with 1 tablespoon sugar for a little extra crunch.
Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream or freshly whipped cream.