NEW FRIDGE - CRYO FREEZERS - SLIM CHEST FREEZER.
- A refrigerator
- A refrigerator is a cooling apparatus. The common household appliance (often called a "fridge" for short) comprises a thermally insulated compartment and a heat pump—chemical or mechanical means—to transfer heat from it to the external environment (i.e.
- Fridge is a 2006 television and print advertising campaign launched by Diageo to promote canned Guinness-brand stout in the United Kingdom. The campaign was handled by advertising agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO. The television piece was directed by J J Keith, and shot in the Czech Republic.
- electric refrigerator: a refrigerator in which the coolant is pumped around by an electric motor
new fridge - Borderless Economics:
Borderless Economics: Chinese Sea Turtles, Indian Fridges and the New Fruits of Global Capitalism
A century ago, migrants often crossed an ocean and never saw their homelands again. Today, they call—or Skype—home the moment their flight has landed, and that’s just the beginning. Thanks to cheap travel and easy communication, immigrants everywhere stay in intimate contact with their native countries, creating powerful cross-border networks.
In Borderless Economics, Robert Guest, The Economist’s Business Editor, travels through dozens of countries and 44 American states, observing how these networks create wealth, spread ideas and foster innovation. He shows how:
* Brainy Indians in America collaborate with brainy Indians in India to build $70 fridges and $300 houses
* Young Chinese study in the West and then return home (where they’re known as “sea turtles”), infecting China with ideas that will eventually turn it democratic
* The so-called “brain drain”—the flow of educated migrants from poor countries to rich ones—actually reduces global poverty
*America’s unique ability to attract and absorb migrants lets it tap into the energy of all the world’s diaspora networks. So despite its current woes, if the United States keeps its borders open, it will remain the world’s most powerful nation indefinitely.
With on-the-ground reporting from Asia, Africa, Europe and even Idaho, this book examines how migration, for the all the disruption it causes, makes the world wealthier and happier.
new fridge feb 12 2009 bosch
After living almost 3 yrs in Germany with the stupid little fridge (gray) you see to the right, we finally saved up and bought a REAL fridge! Notice how the freezer portion of the new fridge is only a bit smaller than the entire old fridge (which had a freezer big enough for about 2 bags of frozen veggies. That's it.). Oh, the new one is 6 1/2 feet tall, a Bosch and is A+ energy rated. It actually won't use much more electricity than the old stupid littl eone. HALLELUJAH for ice cubes and freezing left overs!
We finally got round to buying a new fridge today and it's fabulous! (We sold the old one before we went to Russia.) Project 365 photo number 085/365, 25th March 2008