Guitar Coffee Table - Contemporary Round Tables - Small Wooden Coffee Table
Guitar Coffee Table
- A low table, typically placed in front of a sofa
- (Coffee Tables) While any small and low table can be, and is, called a coffee table, the term is applied particularly to the sets of three or four tables made from about 1790; of which the latter were called 'quartetto tables'.
- A coffee table, also called a cocktail table, is a style of long, low table which is designed to be placed in front of a sofa, to support beverages (hence the name), magazines, feet, books (especially coffee table books), and other small items to be used while sitting, such as coasters.
- low table where magazines can be placed and coffee or cocktails are served
- a stringed instrument usually having six strings; played by strumming or plucking
- The guitar is a plucked string instrument, usually played with fingers or a pick. The guitar consists of a body with a rigid neck to which the strings, generally six in number but sometimes more, are attached.
- (guitarist) a musician who plays the guitar
- A stringed musical instrument with a fretted fingerboard, typically incurved sides, and six or twelve strings, played by plucking or strumming with the fingers or a plectrum
guitar coffee table - The Story
The Story of Paul Bigsby - Limited Edition: The Father of the Modern Electric Solid Body Guitar - Special Collector's Edition
Most musicians are familiar with the famous Bigsby Vibrato, but not as many know about the wonderful guitars that Paul Bigsby built in the 1940s. Bigsby, who was responsible for developing and refining the pedal steel guitar, also built the first modern solid body electric guitar for Merle Travis in 1948, predating Leo Fender and Gibson's Les Paul by a number of years. The Story of Paul A. Bigsby tells how Bigsby influenced Fender and Gibson, as well as a number of other guitar manufacturers, in building techniques and design. This deluxe illustrated coffee table book contains over 300 color and black & white photos. Many of these have not previously been published, and over 50 are actual Bigsby instrument photos taken by fine arts photographer Greg Morgan. The book also comes with an audio CD of Paul Bigsby, recorded in the late 1950s, telling stories of his business. Special Limited Edition of 800 books autographed by Fred Gretsch and packaged in an attractive deluxe box!
My Coffee Table 12/365
I love my coffee table. We've had it for about 12 yrs and it is made from reclaimed antique boards. During his toddler years my son helped to give the table a nice distressed look. The wood is beautiful and warm, but most of the time it looks like this. I was sitting on the couch tonight trying to think of something to photograph for my 365 and was inspired by it. I thought it was the perfect example of our life and how most available flat surfaces in my house look at any given moment of the day. Tonight my coffee table is home to- 2 glasses of water, my son's empty juice cup, a DSi, a DSi case, my current issue of Canadian Living, a learn to play guitar book, guitar picks, 3 coasters, my watch, 5 remote controls, a box of Scotties tissue with a Wii sensor on top,my library book, some lego guys with motor bike, a Home Alone 2 DVD and the center of my focus "Teddy" the stuffy that my son cannot live without.
The eighth installment of my "a picture a day" project. This is the view from my couch, looking across my brand new IKEA coffee table. I think this just about sums up my life.
guitar coffee table
The First Paperback Edition of The Definitive Reference Work On The Guitar, And The Most Beautiful Book On The Subject Ever Produced
"When you get right down to it, these guitars represent something uniquely American . . . You're transported to a place where it's always Saturday night in the summertime, a place where cars are fast and girls are pretty. And when you pull into the parking lot and cut the engine, you can hear the music and know that everybody's inside, twisting the night away."
-- David Nicholson, Washington Post Book World
A stunning visual guide to the history and development of this instrument -featuring specially commissioned photographs of famous, rare, and vintage guitars, from the earliest acoustics to the latest electrics. Packed with construction and design information, and with detailed, informative profiles on everything from the legendary (Martin, Gibson, Fender) to the weird, the exotic, and the oddball (Burns, Hagstrom, Danelectro, to name a few), The Ultimate Guitar Book brings each instrument to life and makes immensely pleasurable browsing for players and collectors alike, from beginner to professional.
The guitar is the most popular and versatile of all musical instruments, lending its humble presence to musical forms and genres from rock, country, and bluegrass to classical, jazz, and blues. In The Ultimate Guitar Book, the guitars on display show an almost infinite range of variations and refinements on one basic theme "a box with a neck," as the editors put it in the introduction to the acoustic guitar. From 17th century Stradivari to the latest guitar-synthesizer hybrids, it's all here: instruments famous and rare, antique and novel, including guitars owned or used by notable musical figures from Les Paul to Paul McCartney. The text includes helpful notes on the instruments' construction, as well as information about legendary designers like Martin, Gibson, and Fender. Whether you are a guitarist, collector, or simply an admirer of exquisite musical craftsmanship, this lovely book is a testament to human ingenuity in search of the perfect sound.