Our Village Hall Website shows general information about the Hall and how to book it for your own events. Barbon Village Hall Events and News are shown, plus details of clubs or other organisations who regularly use the hall (if they have provided these).
Barbon Village is located just off the A683 between Kirkby Lonsdale and Sedbergh, between Casterton and Middleton. Barbon is located withing the Yorkshire Dales National Park and is in an ideal location to visit both the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District.
Barbon Village Hall is located nearly opposite The Churchmouse at Barbon village shop/deli/cafe on New Road, Barbon, about 100 metres South of the village war memorial. SatNav postcode is LA6 2NN.
Our Village Hall offers a variety of meeting rooms to book, catering for group sizes between 1 and 100 or more people. Bookings are welcomed for community events, meetings, conferences, special business events, family parties or other celebrations.
The village hall offers these facilities/capabilities:
- Car parking for good number of vehicles is available off road
- Main Hall, Committee Room (at rear, with projection screen), Side Room, Kitchen or 'Whole Village Hall' can be booked for certain times or the whole day - ask for prices/room availability
- Modular stage available by booked arrangement (extra charge applies)
- Licenced bar available by booked arrangement (provided by and manned by village hall committee members); You can use your own caterers for major events, but please discuss this at the time of booking
- Folding tables and chairs are available for hirers to use; conference, schoolroom or ad-hoc arrangements possible; layout design and furniture arrangement is your responsibility
- Kitchen has crockery and utensils for most sizes of event, plus oven and dishwashers for events up to c.80/90 people; bar has glasses for large events; all hirers are requested to ensure all crockery/glasses are left washed and stored 'as found' after the hire, with any breakages notified
- Children's playground, grassed games area, tennis court (charge applies) - all available for community use
- B4RN fibre optic broadband is available for all hires - WIFI is available within the village hall building; highest broadband performance is available by direct Ethernet cable connection to the Village Hall router or provided HomePlug points - performance is dependent on your devices used (enquire if you need to use our broadband facility and/or have special needs)
Click on 'Barbon Village clubs' in the Drop the left menu for their regular meeting/event details.
Parish Council Meeting agendas and Barbon Church news & activities are posted on the main village website www.barbon.org.uk
For Barbon Village Hall Bookings
Contact Sue Thornber at Mistress Lumb, Barbon, LA6 2LS
Call: 01524276343 or Email: email@example.com
Village Hall Booking Form is shown at base of this page for download and completion.
Village Hall Committee Chairman Lindley Thornber Contact: Tel 015242 76343
Village Hall Public Main Event Bookings
Village Hall Bookings & Formal Confirmation
Contact Sue Thornber on 015242 76343
Private Booking Dates below are for information
Please note on occasions alternative rooms may be available regarding bookings or late cancellations.
Related confirmation booking forms are detailed below see attachments PDF for download
Use down arrow ↓ to open if page does not open and offers to use different frame to open please use and page will download
Charges for information only - call to enquire:
Village Hall £20 / hour (except weddings)
Main Hall & kitchen only £10 /hour.
Committee room back & kitchen £6 /Hour
Committee room side & kitchen £6 /Hour
Contact 015242 76343 for weekend Hall booking rates and details for wedding/birthday or special events.
For Wedding Bookings, the Whole Hall rate will be approx. £400 for the day, depending upon access requirements with 25% non-returnable deposit required to book a date.
The Village Hall is fully licensed with a bar facility, and we insist that personal alcohol is not brought to the Hall unless permission is agreed with us prior to the event.
Tennis court £2 per person for 1 Hour, Honesty box available, please respect if others are waiting.
Children under 18 & students in full-time education from Barbon & Middleton parishes are Free.
Car Parking - We are happy for occasional short term parking (at your own risk) by visitors to Barbon, including walkers. We do ask you to note the Honesty Box near the Village Hall main door and ask that you 'consider a donation' to the cost of the upkeep of our community Village Hall, its grounds and car park.
We cannot guarantee parking availability and if the Village Hall has an event on the day/night of your visit, car parking priority is for that event/hirer.