If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please join us at one of our general meetings. Check our calendar for details about meeting dates, times, and locations. Feel free to contact any of the chapter officers as well for more information.
In order to pledge you must:
- Be a matriculated undergraduate (junior or senior) or postgraduate student with a concentration in accounting, finance, or information systems.
- Attain an overall minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Attain a 3.0 grade point average in all upper division courses in declared area of concentration.
Complete one upper level course within your concentration and earn a B or better by the end of the pledging semester.
- Complete one upper level course within your concentration by the end of the pledging semester.
- Be of good moral character
- Payment of one time pledge fee ($55) as determined by the national office of Beta Alpha Psi and payment of local chapter semester dues ($30) that will cover the general operations of the local Beta Alpha Psi chapter.
- Participate and attend the respective Induction Banquet pending faculty advisor’s review and approval of academic standing.
are working towards becoming an Superior chapter for the 2011-2012 school year.
In order to obtain this, we will work to participate in a minimum of:
- 8 Reaching Out Activities
(Annual Mtg, Mid-year Mtg, joint mtgs with other chapters)
- 6 Professional Activities
(guest speaker meetings, etc.)
- 1 Service Activity (Habitat for Humanity, Adopt a Highway, etc.)
To qualify as a superior
or distinguished chapter, there are also individual member/candidate
professional and service hour requirements. These requirements are
designed to encourage involvement of Beta Alpha Psi members and candidates in
professional and community service activities, not only as a chapter but also
individually. They can be obtained by participating in chapter activities
and by earning hours on individual projects. Each individual must
complete at least the following each semester:
- 6 Hours of Professional
Activities (guest speaker meetings)
- 6 Hours of Service Activities
(Food Bank, Adopt a Highway)
- 16 total hours of Professional and
the 4 hour gap with either additional
service hours or NON-BAP hours.
Go to this website for more information. http://www.bap.org/pca.aspx?ver=2#hours