The Church was opened in 1902 and celebrated its centenary in 2002. It is an elegant building built in early Gothic style of red stone. The church includes many beautiful fittings not least of which is the recently renovated 'Willis' organ, much admired by visitors, which was originally powered by water pressure but later converted to electricity.
Click on the link document below for more information about the history of the Church
Weekly services are held at 10.15am with the Sacrament of Holy Communion being held in May and November. Members of the Church of Nazarene join us in our annual Christmas Eve Service. Each Remembrance Sunday members of the congregation join with members of St. John of the Cross R.C. Church, The Nazerene Church, Miners Welfare and Lodge Barrhill for a service at the village War Memorial at which a wreath from our congregation is laid, normally by our Session Clerk. The hymn repertoire, whilst modest, is broadening and includes a number of items from Common Ground.
The Churches >